Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midweek spins

• 18-04-2010 1:11pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm off Monday and Wednesday and wouldn't mind heading up to Dublin (because our train service doesn't go anywhere else) before the weather turns carp again, if anyone is up for a spin.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Monday tomorrow? I could do that, depending on route and time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Monday tomorrow? I could do that, depending on route and time.

Route, don't care so long as it's a bit scenic (Wickla?). The first train I'm prepared to take arrives at 10h10 and last train leaves at 18h35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Capt.

You should think about heading to Dublin on forst train someday, and cycling home via Wicklow. It would make good training for you trip to France.
    May even accompany you at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Provisional yes for tomorrow as I'm grounded due to some feckin dust from some feckin fire coming from some God forsaken rock up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

Anyone for Thursday morning?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

@ROK ON, thought crossed my mind alright, could create a right hore of a route climbing through Wicklow going to Carlow taking the Corrabut, Nine Stones and up the Butts. It'd be good alright, I don't think I'll accompany you all the way to Kerry though, I'm not that fit ;)

@Coolbeans (or anyone else) can you give me a confirmation before 21h30 otherwise I'll go on the sauce.

@ROK ON, thought crossed my mind alright, could create a right hore of a route climbing through Wicklow going to Carlow taking the Corrabut, Nine Stones and up the Butts. It'd be good alright, I don't think I'll accompany you all the way to Kerry though, I'm not that fit ;)

@Coolbeans (or anyone else) can you give me a confirmation before 21h30 otherwise I'll go on the sauce.

I have been thinking about an 'alternative Wicklow 200' as a training route.
    So I may do a Wicklow climbs cycle followed by heading to Mt Leinster and on to Bagnalstown. Thinking some time in early June. I might try to put something together if you were interested.
    ENjoy the spin during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Race on Thursday evening. You should know, I presume you are defending your yellow jersey!

blorg wrote: »
    Race on Thursday evening. You should know, I presume you are defending your yellow jersey!

Looks like I have to work late on Thursday. My 2 weeks of 'glory' ;) are up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Looks like I have to work late on Thursday. My 2 weeks of 'glory' ;) are up.
    looks like my mum might not be there that day because of that stupid volcano :( so i might as well race and take your winner points

• Advertisement

looks like my mum might not be there that day because of that stupid volcano :( so i might as well race and take your winner points

How do the points work for the women in a DMS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

How do the points work for the women in a DMS?
    good question! ... i've no idea.

Route, don't care so long as it's a bit scenic (Wickla?). The first train I'm prepared to take arrives at 10h10 and last train leaves at 18h35.

Right I'm going to head out tomorrow for a bit. Gimme a shout if you wanna go, otherwise I might go solo. Won't be going crazy, I'm a little sore and need to try out the Ridley this week.

Right I'm going to head out tomorrow for a bit. Gimme a shout if you wanna go, otherwise I might go solo. Won't be going crazy, I'm a little sore and need to try out the Ridley this week.

I'm in. 11am somewhere OK?

I'm in. 11am somewhere OK?

Cool, sounds good! Maybe Dundrum? Seems a good place to start any spin. We can head out to wicklow then or even head out via the coast and cut across to Enniskerry that way.

Cool, sounds good! Maybe Dundrum? Seems a good place to start any spin. We can head out to wicklow then or even head out via the coast and cut across to Enniskerry that way.

I'm just going to nod my head and say yeah

smiley-transport028.gif

I'm just going to nod my head and say yeah

smiley-transport028.gif

Cool! Ok, I'll choose a route and stick it up, gonna have to limit it to about 3 hrs/75km if that's cool? Might play some football later on.

Ok, I'm thinking maybe something like this? We can modify some of it on the day and cut out the Sally Gap if time demands it.

Route

Sounds like fun, see you there.

I'll be in Dundrum at 1100.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That's some route guys, fair play!

Bit concerned. I really don't know how fit I am. We'll see I suppose ;)

coolbeans wrote: »
    Bit concerned. I really don't know how fit I am. We'll see I suppose ;)

Well, you can't be worse than me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

what time and how far?

Twas nice to meet the two lads there this morning, cheers for the spin. I've decided to cycle home, just having a spot of lunch in Blessington.

Twas nice to meet the two lads there this morning, cheers for the spin. I've decided to cycle home, just having a spot of lunch in Blessington.

Good man. Let me know how long. I have a wedding in Kilkenny the week before TourdeMunster. Thinking of biking it of an evening.

Good man! That was a good spin alright, weather is picking up now but it was quite cold earlier on. You guys were going very well, I was really trying not to do any big efforts and probably would have gone a lot slower on my own.

56.1km for me at a rather leisurely and scenic 25.3 km/hr.

Still getting to grips with these new Look pedals, I've been on my trusty Shimano Ultegra ones for 2 years and found them excellent. These ones are a little too floaty so far, and I'm finding them trickier to clip into but this will probably come with practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Id be in for Thursday morning around 10 ish from Dundrum ???

Whadda man! And not exactly overclothed either...brrrr!

• Advertisement

Anyone up for a spin tomorrow Tuesday?

ROK ON wrote: »
    Good man. Let me know how long. I have a wedding in Kilkenny the week before TourdeMunster. Thinking of biking it of an evening.

It's a little over 100kms. Let me know if it's a weekday and I'll head down with ya.

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Id be in for Thursday morning around 10 ish from Dundrum ???

I might be, depends on work, how long are you thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

CramCycle wrote: »
    I might be, depends on work, how long are you thinking?

80 - 100

I'll give a definite Wednesday if I can/cannot

Advertisement