Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Races Accommodation

Options
  • 18-04-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all,
    This is probably a good place to post for this but if not i hope someone can put me on the right path....
    Thinking of turning my house into a b&b for race week.I live less than 4miles from the racecourse and am right beside the local hotel where buses leave to/from racecourse.I'm in Claregalway so route-wise to the course is quicker than other parts of galway and more accessible.Can hold 6ppl,2dbl/2single and would preferably like to take ppl for the whole week so to give a good reasonable rate.What do you think? If anyone knows of anyone interested that'd be super ;):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Dunno if I'm allowed to refer or recommend, but might be an idea to post your idea/offer on .... something like a County Website, is there an actual Galway Website does anyone know ..... Folk heading to the Races, would possibly be looking up any Galway Websites for generalised issues, such as things to do, accommodation etc., so if you could put it in there, they could see it.

Best of luck with this venture b.t.w., brill idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

All I'll say is good luck with your insurance if somebody takes a tumble on your "premises".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Also make sure you declare your earnings to the taxman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

And hide every personal belonging from strangers including DVDs, underwear, books, toiletries, clothes, food, furniture etc etc.

I wouldn't bother me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

www.daft.ie

It's a good opportunity to earn money and I'm sure the vast majority of people would be respectful of someone else's home so I wouldn't mind the cynics! If you were worried you could always ask for a deposit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

You'd need to check of food and health and safety regulations apply to you, even if you're just doing a B&B for the week. It'd also be advisable to look into getting some insurance for the week, just incase anything happened.

You could try advertising it as just a room in a house for short term rent, and maybe give them use of the kitchen or just provide a breakfast - that way you wouldn't have to go down the health and safety regulations that a public B&B would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Andrea88

Dunno if I'm allowed to refer or recommend, but might be an idea to post your idea/offer on .... something like a County Website, is there an actual Galway Website does anyone know ..... Folk heading to the Races, would possibly be looking up any Galway Websites for generalised issues, such as things to do, accommodation etc., so if you could put it in there, they could see it.

Best of luck with this venture b.t.w., brill idea!

thanks confuseddotcom
    will have a search and see what i can come up with
    thanks for your help

mikom wrote: »
    All I'll say is good luck with your insurance if somebody takes a tumble on your "premises".

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    ok i'll be looking onto just "renting" a room out as another poster said :D

snubbleste wrote: »
    Also make sure you declare your earnings to the taxman

ya.....of course!!!:D

ErnieBert wrote: »
    And hide every personal belonging from strangers including DVDs, underwear, books, toiletries, clothes, food, furniture etc etc.

I wouldn't bother me hole.

Wont need to be hiding anything as the rooms arent currently in use...
    But thanks anyway for ur not so useful comment!!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

dafunk wrote: »
    www.daft.ie

It's a good opportunity to earn money and I'm sure the vast majority of people would be respectful of someone else's home so I wouldn't mind the cynics! If you were worried you could always ask for a deposit.

thanks dafunk :)

Advertisement