Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M2 Memory card advice

Options
  • 18-04-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi there, just looking for a bit of advice / options. I have been using a Sony Ericsson K800 for the past 4/5 years for work. Last Wednesday it started behaving very strangely (vibrating for no reason and turning itself off any time I pressed the "8" key). I sort of figured it was on the way out so when I got home I backed up all my contacts (450 ish) to the M2 memory card that I got for that purpose a while back. I then took the battery and sim out of the phone and left it overnight to "settle down". Thursday morning I put it back together and it wouldn't even turn on - so it looks like it has finally given up the ghost RIP..... Only problem is when I stuck the M2 memory card into the USB adaptor and stuck it into the PC to try to get my contacts off it the PC can only access the 1st contact (AA Recovery) and I cannot access any of the others :( It took me a long time to build up these numbers and I could really do without losing them. Sony Ericsson helpline told me the only solution that they know of would be to get my hands on one of their phones that takes these cards (nobody else uses them apparently) and loading the contacts onto this new phone. Issue here is that I have bought a Blackberry as a replacement and don't fancy paying €50 -€60 on eBay on a second hand phone just to get the numbers off it!! Anybody any ideas of another way around this?
    Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You need to get your hands on a Sony for an hour, get some blank sims from a shop and copy all your contacts onto them from the m2, I think it's the only thing to do, one of your mates must have a Sony they could lend you, did you try using a different charger with your own phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

If you're still stuck next week (I'm waiting on Vodafone to release the HTC Desire) I have an old K800i you can take, I'll have no use for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LittleGarry

Hi Justin, that would be great! I have tried all my mates and everyone that I can think of and one or two have Sony Ericssons but unfortunatley they don't have the m2 memory card slot i their phones as SE have changed to a different one now - just my luck! The helpline told me if I load the numbers onto another phone I can them sync that phone with Outlook on the PC and contacts will be backed up to there also - that is the plan - unfortunately this wont work with the memory card. I am not sure if I can synce the Blackberry with Outlook then to get the numbers onto it but worse case scenario if I have to input them manually so be it - at least I will still have them!
    O.P. Yes I have two chargers and a car charger and I have tried them all to no avail.

Advertisement