Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dear Kiki...

Options
  • 18-04-2010 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Please can I have your Virtua stick? ;)

No but seriously, got a good 30 mins or so with it on Friday, such a nice stick, how would I go about getting one myself? I was thinking of getting a TE and dual modding, but I don't like the two extra face buttons on the TE, I like just the 6 essential face buttons (like on the ex2).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yeah I was impressed when I saw that myself, not even had a shot of it yet. Kiki only payed 40 euro for it from bush. I'm mad envious :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sisko wrote: »
    I'm mad envious :p

Join the queue! I've been plotting to kill kiki for a while now and to forge his will to include me :pac:

Other option is a Voltech which is based on the VSHG design.

Also, it is well known that the VSHG has multiple input issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

Ramza wrote: »
    Please can I have your Virtua stick? ;)

No but seriously, got a good 30 mins or so with it on Friday, such a nice stick, how would I go about getting one myself? I was thinking of getting a TE and dual modding, but I don't like the two extra face buttons on the TE, I like just the 6 essential face buttons (like on the ex2).

You can just get a plexi for the TE that doesn't have holes cut for the 2 extra buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Or if you don't want to get a plexi you can just get a couple of button plugs, I got two from gremlin for around £3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

What's so good about his stick? Any pics plunkett?

• Advertisement

Nice and heavy, sanwa parts , pics don't do it justice really:

virtua-stick-high-grade.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Its really nice alright

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

*goes to eBay*
    darn, stab vests are SOOO expensive...

Maybe if I attached an extensible handle to the VSHG I could club you all in self-defense.

How would one get this stick anyway? Like how did bush get his hands on one in the 1st place?

out of stock on play asia http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-1rjw.html (just like everything else thats awesome)

There's a few available on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

How would one get this stick anyway? Like how did bush get his hands on one in the 1st place?

out of stock on play asia http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-1rjw.html (just like everything else thats awesome)

I got mine on ebay. They are rare and expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

looked on ebay cant find one!!! :(

just as a matter of interest kiki whats your adress and what time will there be nobody home???;)

I live in *edited by mod*, I'll be out of the house between *edited by mod*, except on *edited by mod* when *edited by mod*, also if you *edited by mod* on the 3rd Saturday of the month then you might get lucky and be *edited by mod*.

just out of interest here are there many sticks for the 360? or do any of you guys make em up for profit?

Sorry what? Yeah there's loads of different arcade sticks for the 360 :confused:

If that's what your asking? & no currently no one here builds sticks for a price, a hell of a lot of stick modding though.

well i mean apart from madcatz te and se and hori sticks! would love to get one like this that this thread is about

Thats a ps3 stick but you can mod any stick you want to work on 360 in the end.

For 360, that I know of, outside of hori and madcatz and apart from pure custom sticks.... theres a number of different cheap sticks out there, I dunno if theres any worth buying like that sega one, or I'd have heard of it.

Although I'm not the best stick knowledge guy at all so I best to wait to see what other guys say.

Thats a ps3 stick but you can mod any stick you want to work on 360 in the end.

For 360, that I know of, outside of hori and madcatz and apart from pure custom sticks.... theres a number of different cheap sticks out there, I dunno if theres any worth buying like that sega one, or I'd have heard of it.

Although I'm not the best stick knowledge guy at all so I best to wait to see what other guys say.
    nice 1 sisko so come on stick experts speak up lol

There's a great list of sticks here

Basically, I don't have the drive to build sticks right now.
    Or the money for the inevitable failed prototypes.

• Advertisement

hey kiki have u anything you have built that you would like to sell? could be a good market from the boardsies 4 you

That was my plan -- except then I lost my job, then lost motivation, then realised everyone's buying TEs...

What would you build the sticks from? Like what shells anyway kiki?

If you could build decent sticks, for cheaper then the price of a TE but still enough to make a profit , there'd be a market there I think.

My friend had planned on setting up a site to sell custom built sticks last year. They were beautiful, kinda similar to the ps1 namco stick.

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That was my plan -- except then I lost my job, then lost motivation, then realised everyone's buying TEs...

If I could get a rock solid dual modded stick (by which I mean I don't have to faff around with extra controllers or gadgets) I would ditch my TEs in a second.

Im just pants at doing this stuff myself and I'd prob be mad to do it right now after spending xyz on sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

What ever happened to that guy who was at the very first casuals and the Fibbers tourney? (0010010101 or something similar?)

He was starting a business for custom built sticks, and brought a few prototypes along to the casuals that he was going to finish and sell on ebay.

Looked like good sticks too as far as I remember

A-Trak wrote: »
    What ever happened to that guy who was at the very first casuals and the Fibbers tourney? (0010010101 or something similar?)

He was starting a business for custom built sticks, and brought a few prototypes along to the casuals that he was going to finish and sell on ebay.

Looked like good sticks too as far as I remember

They're the ones i posted above! Everything was on track until he got a big shipment of (apparently) fake sanwa buttons :(

Haven't heard from him in a while since he went travelling in asia but I could contact him if anyone was interested.

animaX wrote: »
    They're the ones i posted above! Everything was on track until he got a big shipment of (apparently) fake sanwa buttons :(

Haven't heard from him in a while since he went travelling in asia but I could contact him if anyone was interested.
    could you contact him im looking for a hardwearing xbox360 stick i have a te but the custom sticks just look class well some of em i have seen!

could you contact him im looking for a hardwearing xbox360 stick i have a te but the custom sticks just look class well some of em i have seen!

Problem is, the only cheap mass-produced board at the time was the cthulhu which only works on ps3. His sticks wouldn't work on xbox360 without extra work. And he wouldn't sell empty sticks coz I tried and failed :o

• Advertisement

Getting back on topic: I was gonna keep this to myself but that would be unfair. I found a virtua stick high grade for sale on ebay for a good price. I was messaging the guy and he said delivery would be 41 pounds and would arrive in 3-5 days. Thats 150 euro in total. Even though thats not comparable to what kiki paid, thats actually a good price (although it is used).

I told him I would sleep on it. To be honest, if i had a ps3 i would buy it straight up. It doesn't seem as easy to dual mod as other sticks, for that reason I might not go with it.

Advertisement