Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so.. anyone elses visa set to expire..?

Options
  • 18-04-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

Mine is! I'm all set to fly home this Friday, but this whole volcano thing is getting less funny by the minute 362

anybody else on the boards in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

crikey! Hope ur prepared to live in an airport for a few days! ;)

also, see this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=1121

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

:( don't say that to me!

Seen the new forum alright. Fortunately/unfortunately, my flight hasn't been cancelled.. yet! just wanted to see if there's any in the Oz forum that's due to head home too in the same predicament :o

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Your flight won't be cancelled, at least your first one. You are fine to fly between Australia and Singapore/Bangkok etc, you will be stuck there until London gets the all clear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Just wanted to see anyones opiinion, little selfish maybe as the current VOLCANO CRISIS!!! is affecting others far more than it will me

but.........

I'm planning on flying home :( towards the end of June
    Do ye reckon this will have a knock on effect with prices would you book now? my plan was to book maybe a month before, I have serious commitment issues so dont like booking too far in advance!!

Checked flights before the VOLCANO CRISIS!!! was around the $600 mark..

But looks like it'll take awhile to clear through the mess of stranded passengers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Doop wrote: »
    Just wanted to see anyones opiinion, little selfish maybe as the current VOLCANO CRISIS!!! is affecting others far more than it will me

but.........

I'm planning on flying home :( towards the end of June
    Do ye reckon this will have a knock on effect with prices would you book now? my plan was to book maybe a month before, I have serious commitment issues so dont like booking too far in advance!!

Checked flights before the VOLCANO CRISIS!!! was around the $600 mark..

But looks like it'll take awhile to clear through the mess of stranded passengers

Jeez, not 2 months though. :eek: Where did you get $600 from btw? I'll be flying back at the end of June also, but have no flights booked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

2 months in advance would be madness!! haha

Air Asia are your only friend in times like these! In fairness they are the Ryanair of long haul, so expect nothing and you wont be disappointed, went home for a few weeks with them last year. You gotta pay for your food / tv / luggage ! But Quantas are looking for $2000 odd, so feck that.

Main prob with Air Asia is you have to over night in KL, but reckon im going check out KL for a couple of days on my way back so suits me.

Melb - KL $196
    KL - London $418
    Total = $614

Just double checked em there, they're at that price for July 13th obv you'll get the same price for other dates tho. Although thats only to London.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

In the paper today it said that flights would be more expensive for the next few months..with the whole backlog etc. Maybe that's just talk....you wouldn't think it would take that long to clear the backlog but you never know. If you are flying home in a month though and haven't booked already expect nothing cheap.

well i booked mine back in Jan, for April, and that still set me back over $1,200 :mad: and that was the cheapest I found. Mind you, I am coming from Adelaide! :o

I would expect that with a backlog, including people who have re-booked for times 3-4 weeks plus from now, that leave less normal seats available, with probably the same usual demand, meaning prices will skyrocket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MightySausage

My flight was supposed to leave from Sydney today on Etihad. They're flying to Abu Dhabi but no connection flight to Dublin so they won't let anyone flying to Dublin take the first flight. I assume all other airlines are doing this now since a lot of hubs are overloaded with stranded passengers.
    Anyways they booked me on 27th but also on standby if anything flies before then which I doubt will. Can't see me getting out of Oz until next week and even then it will be dodgy.

Anyways they booked me on 27th but also on standby if anything flies before then which I doubt will. Can't see me getting out of Oz until next week and even then it will be dodgy.
    :eek:

I guess a week ain't bad really if it means i won't have to pay anything extra to get home!

According to the IMMI website, "If you are a visa holder who is affected by the disruption of flights to and from Northern Europe, and your visa is close to its expiry date, please be assured that the department will take these circumstances into account in any consideration of your immigration status.", so that's a relief to see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement