Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it hardwood or softwood & Ronseal stain question

Options
  • 18-04-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello All,
    I've gone about tidying up a timber garden table. I've removed the previous coating, sanded, cleaned down with white spirit and added ronseal furniture reviver. It looks pretty good at this point. Next, I was going to add a stain and bought and applied a small bit of Ronseal garden furniture stain (for softwood) to see the finish. The first coat is coming out very uneven and clumpy. Does anyone know why it would apply so unevenly and would it make a difference if the furniture was hardwood and how would I know if its hardwood or softwood!? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh yea, and now it's raining so my beautiful outdoor workshop is closed for the evening! How can it go from bright sunshine to heavy rainfall in seconds! We should be the world leaders in weather control given our crazy weather.

Advertisement