Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exterior painting - Colour

• 18-04-2010 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Have put it off as long as possible, but now that the blistering summer :rolleyes: is around the corner I'll have to bite the bullet and paint the outside of our house, but am having some difficulty deciding on the colour..

Want an off white, but that doesn't narrow it down too much. Don't want anything with a yellow base, more like an 'off white' flat cream or beige. Have tried a few testers and can't seem to pin it down.

If anyone has any suggestion's or experience in such an area, would welcome any pointers!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i used ivory stone on my place last year, it is standex ??? (is that even a name)

it is a creamy, not white or yellow colour

just make sure you use a stabiliser on the walls before you paint, it will stop flaking and bubbling for a bit longer.

i had a nightmare getting all the old flaky paint of the walls - i am hoping the stabiliesr will stop this from being a problem in a few years:pac:

am looking for a photo of the colour this is the only one i can come up with at the moment

25211_379764587686_677337686_4422040_3227022_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dj01

Yes it's sandtex all right, as seen it recently and thought it was along the lines of what we're looking for. Will definitely check it out. All we need to do now is rope in some help:D Thanks for recommendation!

Advertisement