Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inter -v- Barca, Champions League Semi-final 1st leg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

gimmick wrote: »
    Can you be a Barca fan and not a fanboy? Or will I just call you a Man U fanboy and we will be done with it?

I wasnt directing my post at you gimmick, i know your a proper fan

so take a breath and calm down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Barr wrote: »
    Think the tie is over , well done Jose.

You dont think Barca could beat Inter 2-0 at home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Headshot wrote: »

Can't :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Keown is quite a decent pundit. Knows what he's talking about.

Barr wrote: »
    Think the tie is over , well done Jose.

Tie over ? :confused:

2-0 to Barca will do it.

Not saying it will happen but it's far from over.

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    Rofl. Had to get an old dig in eh? Messi has one bad game in the KO's and now he's back to being as good as he was at 19? Grow up mate.

Gutted by that to be honest, Inter were well deserved winners. Sometimes the other team is just better than you all over the pitch and that's what happened tonight. Messi was nullified excellently, but our defence played absolutely shocking. Can't believe they made some of the mistakes they did. Guardiola also shouldn't have taken off Ibra, there isn't a good enough presence upfront when he takes off the CF.

Anyway ya, congrats to Interista's, can't see Barca overturning a 2 goal deficit considering how good this Inter team is at defending. Mourinho got the better of Guardiola tonight, there was always going to be a night where Pep's team are considerably outplayed and beaten. Gutted that the chance of winning the CL at the Bernabeu is so slim now. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Thought we were awful, and luck went against us too. I just hope the entire world doesn't jump on some sensationlist calamity fest stating Barca are pretenders and Messi is awful. I look forward to reading idiotic posts like only1stevo's above.
    this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

Honestly, I think Inter are going to be even stronger defensively away from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Ardent wrote: »
    Alves is a shocking crosser of the ball. Totally overrated player.

Agree, second worst crosser of the ball for a big club after Sagna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

cson wrote: »

Yeah, hitting the nail on the head on a few things.

Wow, what about the Lucio challenge on Pique??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Good performance from Inter. All the marginal decisions are going their way this season, name on the trophy springs to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

god damn i hate barca fanboys

And love the right-wing "Italian" team with not one Italian player in the starting 11.

Confirmed Milito offside.

Barca did not play well and Inter at times played well but the ref was atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Cant see Inter not scoring away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

here we go blaming the bus journey

its never the home side totally nullifying barca and out playing them.....

god damn i hate barca fanboys

Inter were much better tonight, Barca never really got going mainly due to how good Inter were. Have to say the ref was poor too but, there's always a chance of that! But to say the bus journey isn't a big advantage is a bit naive. I think it's a massive advantage if the clouds clear up and Inter can flt to Spain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This tie is far from over, without a doubt there's still a good chance for Barca to go through. Frankly at this leve, I dont think losing Puyol is that big a deal personally. I think Barca's defence might be better for it.

This is how to play against Barca though. Let them pass all they want at the back, but get very tight and physical once they get into the final third. People might look back at the Arsenal game now and see that while Barca were fantastic, it was because Arsenal allowed them to be. No player can't be stopped by a solid organised defence, which was shown tonight.

In truths, Inter coulda scored more. Anyone who thinks the ref gifted to them is frankly a fool. Inter had a perfectly good one on one ruled out for offside, that wasnt given. So that makes up for the offside goal. Alves dived, there was contact, but not enough to make him go down, so he dived. Deserved to be booked.

All in all, enjoyable night from a personal point of view, I quite like Mourinho and like to see him to do well.

On side a note, what the **** is the story with Balotelli? He seems like a nutcase, why does Mourinho try and play him?

Wow, what about the Lucio challenge on Pique??

Another clear peno I thought at the time. Still Inter deserve the lead as Barca were so poor.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

good win for Inter, Barca will need to step up at home, it's setup for a great game. Inter seemed to get all the 50/50s. I thought the 3rd goal was off but only just so it could go either way. Sneider looked like he just pulled out and never really caught Alves, Pique never really seemed to appeal but Lucio just took him out.

Any other day you would have thought they would have got at least one of the decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i love how people's definition of wat a dive is changes depending on the team that's playing.

PHB wrote: »
    On side a note, what the **** is the story with Balotelli? He seems like a nutcase, why does Mourinho try and play him?

PHB he's a bit out there but he really is an outstanding young player but his attitude stinks but he's young and naive

Everytime Barca have had to win under Guardiloa, they have done. An early goal, and Inter will crap themselves. All those years of under achievement will flood back to them.

Milito Vs Milito as well. First time ever 2 brothers on opposite teams in the European Cup.

Visca Barca and all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

by the way, i'm the farthest thing from a barca fanboy-in fact i've been called a Real fanboy in the recent past for sticking up for Real, but the ref was horrendous tonight, 2 penos and a offside goal allowed. shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I wasnt directing my post at you gimmick, i know your a proper fan

You need stop being such a hypocrite too mate. Your level of pettiness in this thread far outweighed the entire sum of any Barca fanboyism shown on the past few pages. Ridiculous that you cry and moan about the fanboys when your anti-barca brigade is just as bad if not worse. It's bordering on pathetic.

Also wanted to come in and say that Eto'o was absolutely magnificent tonight. Sneijder/ Milito/ Lucio will no doubt get all the plaudits, but Eto'o was absolutely everywhere. The amount of times I saw him sprinting back from the frontline to put pressure on Messi was awesome. He really really is a great worker, and it felt strange seeing him with a black stripe instead of a red. :( He was fantastic tonight, and I'd love to see Samu pick up a CL medal if Barca can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Have to say I'm loving the Ibrahimovic excuses. He didn't do a tap or even try to create a chance. His attitude is simply terrible and I frankly can't see him being at home with such a tightly knit team like Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I hope the bookies are as optimistic about Inter as ye are lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I just hope the entire world doesn't jump on some sensationlist calamity fest stating Barca are pretenders and Messi is awful. I look forward to reading idiotic posts like only1stevo's above.

No fear of that happening, though it will be refreshing to read about Barca without having it rammed down our necks about them being some kind of unstoppable juggernaut of footballing brilliance (Thats not directed at you). They're undoubtedly the best side in the world, one result doesnt change that, but they are beatable, some people seem to think otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Wow that was intense.

Barca only started playing in the last 15 mins - they were well off their game. Inter had a lot got to do with it as they put them under immense pressure starting from the front. Inter played the best I have seen them this season and fair play to them - they played countless amount of ball behind the Barca backline and Barca were caught out.

That aside, the ref had a shocker and was obviously a homer. How he missed that tackle on Alves i'll never know and Inter's third goal was obviously offside. Next week's leg is set up to be the game of the season. Barca at home needing to win at least 2-0 in front of a psychotic Camp Nou - wow. I cant wait and this tie is far from over. Barca will not be as bad as they were tonight and I still fancy them to go through. They are the best team in the world and one poxy result wont change that.

Everytime Barca have had to win under Guardiloa, they have done. An early goal, and Inter will crap themselves. All those years of under achievement will flood back to them.

Milito Vs Milito as well. First time ever 2 brothers on opposite teams in the European Cup.

Visca Barca and all that

I honestly think it's still tight.
    Barca can't be that bad again as that was by far the worst performance under Pep I've seen. If there's one team that can overturn the score it's them. Howver if there's a team that will defend resolutely, it's Inter.

But as you said, an early goal for Barca at the Camp Nou and it's game on. A goal for Inter and reckon it's tie over.

cson wrote: »

No he doesn't, a few weeks ago he was mentioning how Argentina will be super strong at the world cup with Messi and Alves bombing down the right flank. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

And love the right-wing "Italian" team with not one Italian player in the starting 11.

Confirmed Milito offside.

Barca did not play well and Inter at times played well but the ref was atrocious.

Ballotelli is italian

sorry. just saw starting there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ballotelli is italian

He wasn't in the starting XI

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

No he doesn't, a few weeks ago he was mentioning how Argentina will be super strong at the world cup with Messi and Alves bombing down the right flank. :D

He just called Abidal, Abigayle!

You need stop being such a hypocrite too mate. Your level of pettiness in this thread far outweighed the entire sum of any Barca fanboyism shown on the past few pages. Ridiculous that you cry and moan about the fanboys when your anti-barca brigade is just as bad if not worse. It's bordering on pathetic.

what !

all i hear from certain posters that barca were going to destroy inter and i defended them and iv been proven right. As iv said to you numerous time (even when you gave a swipe at me in the la-liga thread) iv nothing against barca and to put my in that anti barca brigade in pretty much wrong ezee, I was supporting inter tonight because I like some of their players sneijder, zanetti and lucio.

take a breath, ok

I hope the bookies are as optimistic about Inter as ye are lads!

From Betfair.

To Qualify:

Barca - 11/8
    Inter - 8/11

Now for those posters that think Inter are a shoe-in, stick on 11k to win 8k. Easy money eh? ;)

Reports of a scuffle in the tunnel between Xavi and Jose :D

Interesting short interview with Pep there. This can and will be done.

• Advertisement

Pep just on there - not blaming the trip and saying that the pitch next week will be well watered before the match. Nice fast ball flying around the pitch. Just looking at the odds there and the bookies have Inter and Barca more or less joint favs for the comp - roughly 7-4 each. They know that this tie is still 50-50.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/win-market

BTW it must be said Mourinho is some manager.

Warper wrote: »
    Pep just on there - not blaming the trip

He said the same before the game. As sick as people get about the Barca jizzfest, Guardiola will remain a class act, I knew he wouldn't come out and blame anyone but themselves and praise Inter.

I don't think it's surprising that Barca being shocking going forward coincided with Alves having a bad game, it was the same at the weekend, he really is the heart of that right wing. Also, Mourinho implemented his attack perfectly, the counter attacking passes into the channels allowed Eto'o and Milito to absolutely rip Pique/ Puyol away from each other, they bossed our defence so well. Gutted....... F*CCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Fair play to Pep - no faffing with excuses, just wants to get on with it...

Warper wrote: »
    BTW it must be said Mourinho is some manager.

Has been for the past 10 years in fairness

• Advertisement

Pep is a classy b*stard. Cool and calm and not making excuses, talking about passion. I'd say he's gonna tear strips off a few of them now! ha

He said the same before the game. As sick as people get about the Barca jizzfest, Guardiola will remain a class act, I knew he wouldn't come out and blame anyone but themselves and praise Inter.

I don't think it's surprising that Barca being shocking going forward coincided with Alves having a bad game, it was the same at the weekend, he really is the heart of that right wing. Also, Mourinho implemented his attack perfectly, the counter attacking passes into the channels allowed Eto'o and Milito to absolutely rip Pique/ Puyol away from each other, they bossed our defence so well. Gutted....... F*CCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK

Although I like Guardiola, did he not watch a few tapes? They did the exact same vs Chelsea, they're counter is lightning fast. If they manage to get the ball to Sneijder he can pick out Milito or Eto'o on the flanks to devastating effect. No doubting he got it horribly wrong tonight. Sneijder/Eto'o/Milito the new golden triangle? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Good to hear a manager say it as it is and not looking for excuses, very few of them around these days.

He looks so classy and handsome in that suit. Pep and Jose on the one pitch, it's just too much to handle! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Am i the only one who doesn't think it was a peno?

It looked like sneijder went out of his way to avoid making contact once Alves was past him and in the box.

I seen the replay and my reaction was the same, no peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Any English club would be lucky to land Mourinho. Hopefully it wont be utd:D

Lukker- wrote: »
    Although I like Guardiola, did he not watch a few tapes? They did the exact same vs Chelsea, they're counter is lightning fast. If they manage to get the ball to Sneijder he can pick out Milito or Eto'o on the flanks to devastating effect. The new golden triangle?

But what do you expect him to do? His team neuters opposition by denying them time and space on the ball, and retaining the ball for 60-70% of the match. He was hardly going to set the team up to absorb pressure and play a low defensive line just because their counter attack is lightning quick.

quarryman wrote: »

It looked like sneijder went out of his way to avoid making contact once Alves was past him and in the box.

For me, from the angle facing Alves proves it was not a penalty, your right Sneijder thinks about the challenge but spreads his legs well before making contact.

quarryman wrote: »

It doesn't matter what he tried to do, he caught Alves...pen for me anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

In a strange and warped pattern of thought Barcelona were the architects of their own downfall tonight.
    Guardiola's huge gamble of paying over €70m for Ibrahimovich last summer has proved to be a calamitous error as many people highly expected .
    With the funds Mourinho got from that deal he bought Eto,Milito,Lucio,Motta and Sneijder and still had a few pound left over.
    I remember thinking at the time that Mourinho was a shrewd shrewd guy and couldnt believe his luck.
    5 players for Ibrahimovich ,madness,and I wouldnt mind but the guy is useless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Alves dived, get over it. And then when he dived he looked like he had been shot and rolled around as if he'd broken his leg, second he gets the yellow he is laughing and sulking refusing to get up. Deserved yellow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement