Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ads in Podcasts?

• 18-04-2010 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

As above really!

Just wondering will I have to subject myself to a load of advertising should I download RTE or Newstalk/Today FM podcasts?

The BBC Podcasts are fantastic..I just want to know whether it's worth staying local.

To Mods: Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. I didn't think the Apple Media Devices Forum suited this particular question! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

As above really!

Just wondering will I have to subject myself to a load of advertising should I download RTE or Newstalk/Today FM podcasts?

The BBC Podcasts are fantastic..I just want to know whether it's worth staying local.

To Mods: Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. I didn't think the Apple Media Devices Forum suited this particular question! :)
    For Newstalk it's just the intros that plug the website and the ending that does the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

No advertising on the podcasts I get down. Ad breaks are stripped out as well.

I take down the Marian Fincucane, some Pat kenny and sometimes liveline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Just today fm have ads in their podcasts.why dont they remove them?:confused:very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

no ads in most RTE podcasts, and the Liveline p/cs are edited to group all calls on a particular topic together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I listen to Hamish and Andy podcast. At the beginning and the end they have a 20 second long sponsor message which is SO ****ING ANNOYING!!! I just skip it. Who would listen to the ad if it's a podcast, they can just fast forward unlike live radio.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Leo Laporte's podcasts always feature ads, not a traditional ad, but a quick pitch of a sponsors product. They regularly top the Itunes podcast charts.

Advertisement