Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help me identify the dog i rescued please?

Options
  • 18-04-2010 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

here he is..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Mariilyn

looks like a mix...maybe a waterdog in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I can't really see what size he is but looks like a Bichon/Terrier mix to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

dachshund and poodle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 newdogowner

thanks guys ..i think there is a bichon in there somewhere but he is a little like a terrier..thanks everyone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

well done for rescuing him. what is his story, looks like a bischon x to me. Enjoy what ever he is.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

well one thing is shure ..he's freshly shorn :D

scalped is the word! his coat must have been in a bad way..:D

how long will it take to grow back??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Bichon frise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Yep Bichon mix. What size is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

Looks like a full bichon to me. Coat should be lovely in 6 weeks time. Nice looking dog.

• Advertisement

Oh and just so you know, in case you didn't, Bichons need lots of grooming. If you just brush through the coat for a few minutes a day it should be ok and remember to brush the undercoat down to the skin aswell :) And he would need his coat trimmed every now and again or it'll get unmanagable. Their coats are a nightmare, but they are such lovely dogs :)

heres another to help u decide for sure so i can do my research into how to look after the little fella :)

and another

Oh he's smaller than I though :) He could be a full Bichon, but I'm not sure. I don't think the ears are quite right . . . but he is goregous. :) He must be half Bichon Frise though, and you're lucky cos they're such nice dogs

yeah the ears confuse me too cos he looks like a terrier..and cos he has no fur he doesnt look anything like a bichon.perhaps i will just wait for a few months to see what develops!
    thanks so much for ur help!

Yeah it's hard to tell without the hair on the ears. And his nose looks a little long. Maybe half Jack Russel, or some other terrier? I don't really know, but I'd say he'll be really cute when he gets a little more hair!

and one for the road!

thanks morgan....appreciate the help cos once i know for sure I can start to really look after him cos at the min iM A LITTLE clueless to his needs!:confused:

Have you had dogs before? If not then I would just start to research dogs in general. It is much the same for all breeds, just a little different I suppose. :)

Maybe look into terriers and Bichons. Or ask the vet if you have him there, they might have a good idea what he is.

Good luck with him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

defo bichon heres my dog star when she's soaking wet very similar looking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Hermit07

Brainz wrote: »
    defo bichon heres my dog star when she's soaking wet very similar looking

Yeah its a Bichon Frise alright but probably not the best example of one hence the ears.

They seem to be very popular with backyard breeders at the moment and no longer resemble the show quality dogs.

Well done one rescuing the dog though:D

thanks to u all..this website is a fantastic resource for pet owners!
    :)

Advertisement