Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

AVP

• 18-04-2010 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

I just got avp through the game stop deal and although iv heard loads of people saying its really bad, even i thought it was bad in the demo. After playing it for an hour or 2,i have to say im loving it. I know its no cod or bf but itl last for a week or 2 anyway..I have only played multiplayer and after a few games you get used to the races.. At the moment i love the predator race..Some of the modes arent bad either.

So anyway i was wondering do any of ye want a game online because there isnt many people playing it.

gt:fin321

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My mates kid finished this in 3 hours or so, I wouldnt say there is much longevity bar the multiplayer...

If that floats your boat.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Fieldog wrote: »
    My mates kid finished this in 3 hours or so, I wouldnt say there is much longevity bar the multiplayer...

i havnt actually played single player yet,and funnely enough,i prefer shorter single player experiences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Only about 3 levels into the Predator campaign. It's not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Have to agree, this game is average at best....

The boss battles are very lame...

I have played the Marine and Predator campaign, and am just starting the Alien campaign, there is nothing special about them at all.

Also, its seems to be impossible get an online game, I can't get one anyways...

I think once the Alien campaign is done, this game will go into the trade in pile, probably wont even try the survival mode...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SpottyWetWang

Forget the ranked matches it takes ages to get into games. Go to quick match, browse games, leave it set to all types and search.
    It's a very fun game if you get into the right matches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I really enjoyed the alien and predator games, not so much the marine bit though. It is very short and probably not worth the buy but only for the slowness of the matchmaking with the online bits I'd still be playing it. Must root it out at some stage and play throughity again on the harder settings.

Is single player 3 hours for all campaigns combined or each.

Yea as i was saying do ye want to play against each other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I quite enjoyed the single player games. I think the Alien campaign is about 3 hours. Predator is 4-5 and Marine is about 6 I think. Some good fun to be had but the game does have it's problems.

The multiplayer is great fun when you can get a game. Try avoid the Ranked matches as it is very hard to get a game and the system for matchmaking is very poor. The player game system is much better with a usable lobby system. You should be able to get good big games in there. 12 player infestation is great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Fieldog wrote: »

Your mates kid mustve been on enough amphetamines to kill a ****ing elephant if he did it that fast. The alien campaign might take 3 hours, but for the marine and predator campaigns youre talking at least another 5 hours of play.
    Havent touched the MP in a while, it was fun, survivor was a good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i just got this too in the Gamestop deal, might join ye at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Finished all campaigns...

This game is pretty poor, the nostalgia for the old films is what kept me playing tbh.

It takes ages to get an online game only to get disconnected.

Might try that survivor with ye though some evening if ye are having a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Your mates kid mustve been on enough amphetamines to kill a ****ing elephant if he did it that fast. The alien campaign might take 3 hours, but for the marine and predator campaigns youre talking at least another 5 hours of play.
    Havent touched the MP in a while, it was fun, survivor was a good laugh.

He's a friggin super-nerd, I dunno if that was for one campaign or all 3, he skips all the sequences when he is playing games aswell.....

Story? Who needs a story! Can I shoot stuff?

;)

i have to admit that just as a fps it sucks,but with all the races it makes it very interesting.

i played a game earlier and there were 7 humans in a deathmatch..radar ruined it when so many of them were humans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

CKWPORT wrote: »
    This game is pretty poor, the nostalgia for the old films is what kept me playing tbh.

+1. I enjoyed parts of the Marine campaign, most of the Alien campaign and parts of the Predator campaign. I tried multiplayer a few times, I can see how it'd be lots of fun once one got into it. Hiding in the shadows as the Alien, then striking quickly, is awesome.

Advertisement