Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ Smoker box

Options
  • 18-04-2010 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Sorry if posted in wrong place.

Does anyone know where to get one of these in Ireland.
    Its a smoke box for a gas BBQ. Couple of different type around but I cant find one here.
    Not looking for these exact models, any type will do.

Smoker%20Box.jpg
    smokerchipbox_lg.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Was just having a row with the OH, we have a gas BBQ but I want a charcoal one, but I think this is a great compromise. Would love to know where to pick one up too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Make a "pocket" out of tinfoil. Make sure to soak the chips for some time first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

iMax wrote: »
    Make a "pocket" out of tinfoil. Make sure to soak the chips for some time first.

Found this compromise, its on the same lines as your tip. Thanks for the info about soaking.

phpDv4Ea5PM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I've got these from Woodies. They sell under the Weber brand I think.

Thanks on the way there now to get some deck stain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 River Cottage

Hi Brian, if I'm not too late for your request I got my smoker from a Fishing Tackle shop. It's down here in Kerry and maybe
    thats not near you, but try your nearest one and they should also be able to supply the
    wood/sawdust as well, however over the years I found the just regular apple wood is one of the best and not need to buy wood anymore, just collect apple or crabapple wood/twiggs
    and keep some to dry over summer for next year. The smoker works out great on fish.
    I've also put small pieces of turf for smoking salmon and is not bad either, in small quantities. good luck. bon appetit.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Hi Brian
    Picked one up in the kitchen section of TK MAXX (portlaoise branch)a few weeks ago...cost about a Fiver I think

Lar

laros wrote: »
    Hi Brian
    Picked one up in the kitchen section of TK MAXX (portlaoise branch)a few weeks ago...cost about a Fiver I think

Lar

Thanks but no joy in Woodies today. I will be in Swords on Wednesday, they have a TK max there. Nice 1 thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Picked up one in TK Maxx in swords today for €8.99. Impulsive purchase. Was the last one there but you might get one in one of the others.

Advertisement