Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i need help please

Options
  • 18-04-2010 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

Im looking at going renting. first time renter. im looking at renting an apartment. im making out a budget tonight and will be on a serious budget. i would like to get a rough estimate of what kind of bills may i face and a rough estimate of how much it will cost. im guessing esb, bins, oil and water bills. apartment does not come with a tv. may be s time before i get one. any help and advice to keep costs down would be much appreciate. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I rent a 1 bed apartment. My total bills are:

> NTL (basic TV package and broadband): €65pm
    > ESB: €60 - €150pm, so I budget for an average €100pm (I have no gas, so the ESB bill is for heating, water, lights, cooker etc). This is probably on the high side, but I like to be conservative. The monthly average is probably under that in actuality.
    > Bins: My landlord hasn't asked me for money for the bins - which I believe is up to the renter to pay - but it is, if I recall correctly, c. €120pa.
    > I don't have a landline phone.

I like to keep my finances simple and I love the fact I only have these 2 bills a month coming through the door...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

im in a one bed aswell,
    my gas and electricity average around €80 each, thats for 2 months, it has gone up over €100 per 2 months in winter though,obviously the gas for heating is way lower in the summer,it is difficult to budget for this as it varies, my last bill for gas was €83 for 2 months,
    broadband is €20 per month,sky is around €26 per month,
    afaik its the landlords reponsibilty to pay for bins,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Thanks for this. i woud be very lucky if i was to get away with just an esb bill.

Advertisement