Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot send mp3 from pc to phone

Options
  • 18-04-2010 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I have an LG cookie phone and want to make an mp3 tv theme the ring tone. Got the tone and saved to PC. Installed phone software and added the mp3 to the music library. But when I right click it the send to phone option is greyed out.? Can anyone advise me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ClonmelHills

yes and yes
    Not sure what you mean here? There is a slot for a memory card in the phone to increase memory but I have no card. Are the ring tones not on the phone itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

yea i find that easier too or use bluetooth

goldwing wrote: »
    yea i find that easier too or use bluetooth
    How do i do that?
    Just discovered i can send pictures to the phone?

How do i do that?
    Just discovered i can send pictures to the phone?

well you can't do it unless you have a bluetooth dongle or your pc/laptop has bluetooth already on it

• Advertisement

well you can't do it unless you have a bluetooth dongle or your pc/laptop has bluetooth already on it
    Ok where to get a cheap bluetooth dongle? This is a usb dongle? I only want it for this one job. And then send the file by bluetooth? Thanks

Ok where to get a cheap bluetooth dongle? This is a usb dongle? I only want it for this one job. And then send the file by bluetooth? Thanks

I find the net is the cheapest place for them ebay maybe, but I've seen them in o2 stores for as much as €20:eek: which I think is crazy

I find the net is the cheapest place for them ebay maybe, but I've seen them in o2 stores for as much as €20:eek: which I think is crazy
    :eek: is right 20 euro to put atone on the phone. I opened bluetooth on the phone and it says no devices. that means there are no devices to connect to? Could I download a free bluetooth for the PC? Edit I see I can but would they be safe, no spyware etc

:eek: is right 20 euro to put atone on the phone. I opened bluetooth on the phone and it says no devices. that means there are no devices to connect to? Could I download a free bluetooth for the PC? Edit I see I can but would they be safe, no spyware etc

have no idea, never try'd it, I bought my dongle about 2 years ago on ebay and I think it cost me around €6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

If you've added 'copy protection' to the file you made, it won't work no matter what way you get the file onto the phone.

If you used Windows Media Player, you'll find the options by clicking the tools menu, select options, and click on the Rip Music Tab, in the middle of the window you'll see the setting where it can be enabled/disabled.

Disregard this entirely if you are sure there is no copy protection on the file.

cheers

• Advertisement

hshortt wrote: »
    If you've added 'copy protection' to the file you made, it won't work no matter what way you get the file onto the phone.

If you used Windows Media Player, you'll find the options by clicking the tools menu, select options, and click on the Rip Music Tab, in the middle of the window you'll see the setting where it can be enabled/disabled.

Disregard this entirely if you are sure there is no copy protection on the file.

cheers
    I didn't make the file i downloaded it from the net. Checked it with virustotal. have open in win media player under rip and see no setting to disable. How would I know if it is copy protected? Thanks

Found

http://blu-max.com/products/bluetooth_mini_dongle.html
    in tesco for 12 euro. would that do the job?

Yes that did it! Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions

Advertisement