Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My first music cd sleeve...

• 18-04-2010 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

A while back I agreed to take pictures for a band I am friends wih, Glyder were then signed to SPV records and launched their album last night. I was really excited to see which images they used for the album sleeve, all along I knew they would use artwork for the front cover which they had previously arranged but I got the back of the sleeve, under teh cd and the back cover.

4531546881_cd5475c112_m.jpg

4532194060_18f4e71b44_m.jpg

4532203872_9a55cb691e_m.jpg

And in case anyone decides to go buy the album from the shops when it is officially released on Friday the front of it looks like this

4532217572_ab36151333_m.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

Fair play to you Rachel, well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Well done, I remember my 1st one*

she was a redhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Thanks guys, I've been leaning away from music photography for the last while, didnt even bring my camera to the launch party but I was delighted with this. Lots of pics were supplied so I wasnt sure which would be used so the suspense was killing me. The picture on the back of the cd was in the Irish Times during the week too. Its always great to see how your tastes differ from the clients, there were one or two pictures I preferred but these were their pics, which is cool too, I'm happy enough with them, although the back cover one would have been one of my least favourite to be honest which is strange because it is the one most people have commented on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Well done Rachel, looking good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Think I saw the pictures in weekend section of one of Ireland main papers.
    Well done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Well done Rachel, I remeber the thread you started about it and the question of flashes :)

You were keeping it hush hush and it looks worth it...

I'll be picking up a copy at the weekend

I was asked not to show the pictures before they released them Tallon, as some would be kept for 'exclusive' interviews. The band has featured in Classic Rock before and fingers crossed they will again with one of my pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,721 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

nice one Rachel - the last one is my fav - probably best for album sleeve too

thebaz wrote: »
    nice one Rachel - the last one is my fav - probably best for album sleeve too

Do you mean the front cover? Thats actually artwork done by Mark Wilkinson, he has done their last album cover also works the Iron Maiden album covers, well respected artist. He always does a great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Good work, like the shots look great , great band too fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

great job!!! :D

Excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

It looks great! well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Great work Rachel, really love the second one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Do you mean the front cover? Thats actually artwork done by Mark Wilkinson, he has done their last album cover also works the Iron Maiden album covers, well respected artist. He always does a great job.

Is that the same Mark Wilkinson that did all the early Marillion covers and continues to work with Fish?

blastman wrote: »
    Is that the same Mark Wilkinson that did all the early Marillion covers and continues to work with Fish?

I'd say so he works with a lot of famous musicians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Good stuff :)

I might be doing a shoot with a band soon, they've offered their services for a fund raising gig for our little one. In return I offered to do some pictures of them, which they are delighted about. So far they only have poor quality shots, look like they were done with a phone or crappy p&s camera. Might have to pick your brain for ideas/tips when the time comes ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Well done on that smelltheglove!

Good stuff :)

I might be doing a shoot with a band soon, they've offered their services for a fund raising gig for our little one. In return I offered to do some pictures of them, which they are delighted about. So far they only have poor quality shots, look like they were done with a phone or crappy p&s camera. Might have to pick your brain for ideas/tips when the time comes ;)

No problem, still planning to head to Navan on Tuesday so can chat then.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I'm delighted to have had this opportunity.

Advertisement