Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrel break in?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Interesting article. I don't have a centrefire rifle (yet! :D) so I can't comment on the accuracy of it but it's always nice to see someone who has asked "why do we do this?" and troubled themselves to find out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

When you do get a centerfire, would you bother with a break in procedure after reading that Conor?

murph226 wrote: »
    When you do get a centerfire, would you bother with a break in procedure after reading that Conor?

I don't know to be honest.

I have enough trouble deciding which side I'm on of the clean often/never clean debate on smallbore barrels!

I suppose its all down to personal choice at the end of the day!

murph226 wrote: »
    I suppose its all down to personal choice at the end of the day!

Yep, although I've a new .22 on the way in the next while and, on balance, I think I'll be cleaning it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

IRLConor wrote: »
    Yep, although I've a new .22 on the way in the next while and, on balance, I think I'll be cleaning it.

Aye. I don't tend to clean my Anschutz except for very occasionally, but I can't see me leaving a Bleiker dirty. It's strange that way.

I reckon a good clean before the first few rounds, and patch through inbetween the first few and I'm going to drive on after that!

The rifle will obviously get a good clean after each time its used!

I didnt follow any procedure with my P226.

It got a good clean and I put 150 rounds through it, never had any problems with it!

Advertisement