Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zavvi's Monday Sale

• 18-04-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭

Some good stuff for me.

Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles Series 2 for £17.95

Also, Fringe season 1 for £17.95.

BOTH in Blu-Ray.

EDIT: Forgot they charge for delivery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you could have used the code MEGABR2 to get another £2 off any Mega Monday BluRay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Crap.

Will try to cancel but you have to request a cancellation which takes I dunno how long.

Thanks.

I will reorder once they confirm cancellation.

Where do you enter the codes?

Maybe you just can't for stuff thats already reduced.

Doesn't appear to be any place to enter it before the "place order" button.

EDIT2: Sorted it, I was going straight to checkout when you must go to the "add to basket" stage first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah, its strange where the discount code thing is, very easy to pass by completely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Series 2 of The Sarah Connor Chronicles is £59.99 at the moment (12.15 am). :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Fnz wrote: »
    Series 2 of The Sarah Connor Chronicles is £59.99 at the moment (12.15 am). :eek:

must be season one

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles-season-1/9980548.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cdlynch13

how much better is blu ray than regular Dvds? People tell me its this high def business but i cant tell the difference. do i need to get a better Tv to really appreciate the difference?

Here it is:Season 2

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles-series-2/10063783.html

For some reason they have two versions.

£17.95 like I said. Boo-Yah.

cdlynch13 wrote: »
    how much better is blu ray than regular Dvds? People tell me its this high def business but i cant tell the difference. do i need to get a better Tv to really appreciate the difference?

No HDTV then do not bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you dont have a HDTV then its not going to be much better.

But i still wonder how come my old TV and normal digital signal is able to produce those excellent pictures quality for the upgrade to HD SKY ads that they run where they show you standard and HD side by side. But i need to buy a new TV and SKY box to get the channels. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Just to point out, Fringe and Terminator S1+S2 are the same price on thehut, with free delivery.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Just to point out, Fringe and Terminator S1+S2 are the same price on thehut, with free delivery.

£2 off each though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Isn't the Hut 99p delivery too?

Actually both Zavvi and the Hut seem to have the exact same stock, at the exact same prices and the exact same website structure... both 99p delivery aswel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

They're owned and operated by the same company. They picked up the Zavvi brand when they went to the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Looks like there was delivery on thehut too, though its mentioned nowhere on the receipt, and I don't remember seeing it on the order page either...

Item Price Qty Gift Wrapping Subtotal
    Fringe - Series 1

Usually dispatched within 3 days £17.95 1 £0.00 £17.95
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 1

In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours £17.95 1 £0.00 £17.95
    Total: £37.88

Advertisement