Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you consider the top halo player?

Options
  • 18-04-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Got into a discussion recently regarding the top players of games, how well known they're, how skilled they're etc.

But I didn't know for the life of me who the top Halo player was. I know Ogre and Walshy are considered to be near the top, but who would you guys consider the definitive top halo player?

We'll divide this into two sections, FFA and Team. So there's one for each!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

If you're talking about Halo 3, then Ogre 2 and Walshy are quite a distance off the pace.

Seeing as H3 is such a team based game, it's difficult to pick a single player but I would say that Cloud is the best H3 player in the world right now.

FFA was never really that big in H3 and seeing as how pros can't compete in the FFA at MLG events its difficult to say who the best really is but there are certainly some solid amatuers, with Devi0uz (sp) being the best of them, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Well I know walshy and Ogre were considered pretty high, but it's been a while since I've seen them play, though I have to admit, walshy is losing his touch (yet still manages to come across as a complete dickhead)

And why can't they compete?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Walshy and Ogre 2 (along with Ogre 1) were arguably the best players in H1 and were certainly the best ever H2 players.

H3 is just a very different game and I've seen many people argue that it's a lot easier to be good at it then H2 or certainly H1. Plus, with MLG ever expanding the pool of talent grows alongside it, with teenagers committing crazy hours and money to the game to try and reach pro status.

That being said, Walshy and Ogre 2 are still some of the best H3 players in the world but just not the best.

The young guns are taking over these days, such as Cloud, Snipedown, Hysteria and Lunchbox but veterans such as Elamite Warrior and Ghostayame are still on top of their game.

Advertisement