Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's next for GSP?

• 18-04-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭

With Edgar's recent win, the lightweight division has been blown open and it looks like Penn is to get a rematch immediately.

Dana has announced that Sonnen will face Silva next for the middleweight title and we know that the other person to take even a round away from Silva was Henderson, also a wrestler.

In the light heavyweight division, we know Machida will face Rua next and most people think he beat Machida the first time so has every chance of doing it again.

Finally the heavyweight division has never looked better with undefeated Carwin to face Brock next and a host of other contenders to keep the race for the title competitive...Velasquez, Dos Santos, Mir.

So it would seem really any of those division champions could lose their belts in their next respective fights. If not, there are many contenders vying for a shot.

But what's next for GSP? With the superfight with Silva now seemingly on hold and the other champions all scheduled to fight in the next 3 months or so, not much has been said of GSP and who he might fight next.

Let's play Joe Silva, who would YOU have him fight next and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

The winner of Jon Fitch VS Thiago Alves, or possibly a warmup fight in middleweight. A cool fight might be Wanderlei Silva!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Niall0 wrote: »
    The winner of Jon Fitch VS Thiago Alves

Yeah I think that's a strong possibility although with that fight still a couple of months away, will UFC want to leave one of thir biggest draws on the sideline any longer than they have to? The earliest that fight could happen would probably be Oct or maybe Sept. That's be one fight for GSP in almost a year and a half.

I'm thinking possibly the winner of Koscheck and Daley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The winner of Kos / Daley coaches TUF 12 with GSP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

id say he'll fight the winner of (fitch alves), then the loser of that will fight kos or daley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

id say he'll fight the winner of (fitch alves)

GSP has effectively cleared out the ww in the ufc. Id like to see GSP v Wanderlei or Bisping at mw.

The preposed rematches suggested bore the **** out of me. Ufc's matchmaking as of late has gone to the dogs, and alot of the fights have been no fun. More cross divisonal fights would perk things up alot.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jake Shields might jump to UFC if there is any truth to the rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

GSP has effectively cleared out the ww in the ufc. Id like to see GSP v Wanderlei or Bisping at mw.

The preposed rematches suggested bore the **** out of me. Ufc's matchmaking as of late has gone to the dogs, and alot of the fights have been no fun. More cross divisonal fights would perk things up alot.
    the thing is though, i dont see him moving up, not for a while anyway, with talks of anderson coming down, and i cant really see any other matches for him at ww.

id love to see him take bisping actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

rovert wrote: »
    Jake Shields might jump to UFC if there is any truth to the rumours.

Yup,Supposedly it didn't matter if he was going to win or lose against Hendo..that was his last fight on the SF contract

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

callaway92 wrote: »
    Yup,Supposedly it didn't matter if he was going to win or lose against Hendo..that was his last fight on the SF contract

Dana traded Hendo for Shields it seems.

Advertisement