Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rubarb tart

Options
  • 18-04-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

just wondering when making a tart would you cook the rubarb first and put it into the tart strained of juices and then add sugar. or should i put it in uncooked and then add sugar ? would like a crispy pastry base ( if possible obviously )
    thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

The first way. For pies, you can toss the uncooked rhubarb pieces with sugar in a colander which will drain some of the juices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'd always make it with the rhubarb raw, never even heard of doing it cooked first :confused: Would it not just be like mushy rhubarb stew inside it?

I chop the rhubarb and mix it with some cornflour, then put it into the tart and add the sugar. There is so much juice in the rhubarb that your pastry base will not be crispy but that's not bad or wrong, the edges are lovely and crispy and dry anyway so it evens out.

Advertisement