Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car scrappage

Options
  • 18-04-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

I've a 98 volkswagon polo that has died, not sure what finally killed it but the gear box has been acting up for ages, it's been chewing threw petrol, oil and coolant and the lights / electrics have been giving jip. I don't think it's worth trying to fix. Anyway, I need to tow it tomorrow from where I left it abandoned in town and have it brought somewhere. Where would I bring it to get scapped would anyone know? I know it's a long shot but a few people said I should get a couple of hundred for scrappage or parts ... can anyone advise me on this or know a place where I could even get rid of it free of charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Answered my own question:

http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/WasteManagement/End-of-LifeVehiclesRegulations/

but any alternative suggestions welcomed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

get the 1500 euros for a new car?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Would love to but think even with the 1500 I can't afford a new car! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

The price of steel is very high at the minute and the scrappers are buying up a lot of old cars. There are a few scrap yards on the east side of the county. Don't have any contact details, but a quick flick in the Goldenpages and a few calls will soon shift your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway Metal Company Ltd., Oranmore, Co Galway,Co. Galway
    Tel: 091-794358

Headford Road Car Dismantlers, Headford Road, Galway, Co Galway
    Tel: 091-751148

Stick it on adverts, someone might take it off you as spare parts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement