Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest this Tuesday for medical cannabis users

Options
  • 18-04-2010 11:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭

Protest Against the Criminalisation of Medical Marijuana Users

Tuesday, 20 April 2010
    12:45 - 14:00
    The Dept. of Health

The Dept. of Health is located on the corner of Hawkins Street and Poolbeg Street, in the centre of Dublin.

The criminalisation of medical marijuana users is unfair and unjust. It is hypocritical of the health and justice services to prohibit the distribution of information about the merits of using medical marijuana.

Join us in protesting against the criminalisation of medical marijuana users and the prohibition of the cannabis plant.

Related Links:
    www.legalisecannabis.ie
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110089332336757

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

D.U.M.B wrote: »
    Protest Against the Criminalisation of Medical Marijuana Users

Tuesday, 20 April 2010
    12:45 - 14:00
    The Dept. of Health

The Dept. of Health is located on the corner of Hawkins Street and Poolbeg Street, in the centre of Dublin.

The criminalisation of medical marijuana users is unfair and unjust. It is hypocritical of the health and justice services to prohibit the distribution of information about the merits of using medical marijuana.

Join us in protesting against the criminalisation of medical marijuana users and the prohibition of the cannabis plant.

Related Links:
    www.legalisecannabis.ie
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=110089332336757

Guess this aint the right place to debate if this is right or wrong but can you explain whats hypocritical about this? I don't understand :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Will there be cannabis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

adamski8 wrote: »
    Guess this aint the right place to debate if this is right or wrong but can you explain whats hypocritical about this? I don't understand :confused:

I would guess the OP's argument is that if there are proven medical benefits provided by a substance then the government department with responsibility for health provision/promotion should provide information on this substance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

prohibit the distribution of information about the merits of using medical marijuana.

Do they prohibit the distribution of information about the benefits of medical marijuana?

Surely there's no law stopping me putting up a website or talking on a radio program about its benefits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I would guess the OP's argument is that if there are proven medical benefits provided by a substance then the government department with responsibility for health provision/promotion should provide information on this substance.
    Well i think thats not hypocritical at all. What would be hypocritical is them saying it was benficial but also saying it shouldnt be legalised! I dont think they are saying either.

There is no point in them providing information seeing as cannabis is illegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

yes I suppose it would be like MABS advising their clients on the pro's and cons of armed robbery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Did they all rememeber to turn up then?

Advertisement