Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

looking for some advice on where to stay

• 18-04-2010 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I am hoping to book a suprise holiday for my partner who is fishing mad loves fly fishing and loves taking the boat out for the day. I am maybe looking for too much here but is there somewhere that will cater for him fishing and will also cater for me and 3 kids?!?!

I dont want the kids to be bored silly while we are there.

Not too pushed on where in ireland just somewhere with a decent bit of fishing

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

presumably your are talking about trout fishing?
    if so i would head for somewhere like Galway city or around there, it is very close to lough corrib which is very good for trout. boats and boatman are easily found around somewhere like oughterard. and apart from fishing there will also be loads of stuff for others to do. i am sure there are many other good spots around the country too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭patspost

Portumna may be a good base for fishing on lough derg, try the Shannon Oaks hotel.
    They may advise about local fishing boat rental or Palmerston stores in the town (gary kenny).
    Portumna would be convenient to Mount Shannon, where there would also be boat rental I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

time of the season would probably be a factor.... would certainly be happy if the missus surprised me with a few days on corrib during the mayfly:).

on a slightly biased note- lough melvin can be very good at times and is well located(Bundoran, mullaghmore, rossnowlagh etc) within 20 mins drive,
    plenty to see and do to keep the little ones happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

thanks all will look into them all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

River and lake fishing, near some activities for non fishers/ kids etc. Friends from England had a good time and got some fish here www.drowessalmonfishery.com

I have visited Conemara for fishing holidays with my family and always had a great time too, just bring the midge repellent:D.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
Advertisement