Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Cling Film to line cake tins ? Yes really!

Options
  • 18-04-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭

I have seen two cookery shows recently where chefs have lined cake tins with cling film. Louise Lennox did it a few months ago on The Afternoon Show and on Friday I saw Rachel Allen use it to seperate beans from pie crust while she "baked it off". She put it in the oven for 20 mins at 180 degrees and it came out of the oven in one piece and not at all melted or seemingly changed in nature.

Neither of these shows made any reference to it being a special type of cling film.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried it or has seen it in Rachels cookery book or anywhere else? I've searched online but haven't found anything definitive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I use it for holding baking beans on pastry alright, haven't used it to line a tin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

I'd be afraid in case it would 'tast' the food. i've seen people rolling their meat in it before cooking.
    worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

There used to be a high temp version called Saran wrap but I think it has been reformulated recently and may no longer be as good.
    I wouldn't chance it, thats what baking parchment is for no?

Advertisement