Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

supplier of high grade neoprene rubber

• 18-04-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,
    I hope this is posted in the relevant forum...

I am having a great deal of trouble finding a supplier of high grade neoprene rubber rolls/sheets.
    The rubber needs to be 1/2" thick or slightly thicker
    80 durometer
    density of 180kg/m^3 (approx)
    weight of 2.4kg/m^2. (approx)
    80 or higher SHORE degree

The rubber will be used in a floating floor structure of a live room in a recording studio....

If anyone knows where i might get my hands on this stuff I'd really appreciate the info

Thanks
    hallymusic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I imagine Dupont have their hand in this somewhere. Try contact them for a supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hallymusic

Thanks Mellor,

What or who is Dupont - do u have a web link

thanks for the suggestion

hally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dupont are basically a materials company. Probably the worlds biggest.
    They manufacturer and supply a range of materials from plastics, to membranes and glues. They are responsible for Kevlar, Teflon, Corian, and I checked there, they invented Neoprene too, back in the 1920s. Probably the first man made rubber.

Their website is Dupont.com

Advertisement