Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Entertainers

Options
  • 18-04-2010 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭

On Grafton St; the standards are ****ing appalling.

The black lad that does the limbo; big ****ing wow skin.

The lad with the crystal ball playing Moby on the stereo; wtf are you actually doing?

The lad with the sculpted sand dog; can you sculpt anything else? I'd ****ing love to stand on it. Seriously like, sculpt a dog and stand beside it expecting the money to roll in.

The various angsty teenagers lining the place with guitars whining out Oasis. **** off back to school.

I will say, there was a band outside M&S that were very good one day. Apart from that they're really poor excuses. It annoys me the crowds that draw around these people blocking the street; they're ****e lads, you're only wasting your own time.

/rant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

cson wrote: »

The lad with the sculpted sand dog; can you sculpt anything else? I'd ****ing love to stand on it.

There are two of these "artists", I actually think they have a mould inside with just a thin layer of sand on top. A mate and I are thinking of finding a convincing way to accidently :rolleyes: step on it to prove our theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

bigar wrote: »
    There are two of these "artists", I actually think they have a mould inside with just a thin layer of sand on top. A mate and I are thinking of finding a convincing way to accidently :rolleyes: step on it to prove our theory.

They carry it around in a bag so I would imagine you are right. I would just go and over and kick it, its not like its assault or anything? Is it?

I really like that folky band that are Henry Street, I think they are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

My mates band occasionally busk around the grafton st area. They play 60's covers, pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcRoVRJPvGc

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVAwJRLZWfE

Generally though I agree the standard is pretty ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That lad with the crystal ball looks sh*te. I've never stayed around long enough to see what he's really doing, I can't listen to Moby for that long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The guy who standson the crate in Temple bar in black and has pointed ears scares the living daylights out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Does the cowboy lookin dude who plays the slide guitar still busk on Grafton Street/Stephens Green?

He was playing in Whelans lastnite and he's pretty awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

cson wrote: »
    On Grafton St; the standards are ****ing appalling.

The black lad that does the limbo; big ****ing wow skin.

The lad with the crystal ball playing Moby on the stereo; wtf are you actually doing?

The lad with the sculpted sand dog; can you sculpt anything else? I'd ****ing love to stand on it. Seriously like, sculpt a dog and stand beside it expecting the money to roll in.

The various angsty teenagers lining the place with guitars whining out Oasis. **** off back to school.

I will say, there was a band outside M&S that were very good one day. Apart from that they're really poor excuses. It annoys me the crowds that draw around these people blocking the street; they're ****e lads, you're only wasting your own time.

/rant.

Agree with you 100%...... Bores the sh!te out of me every time I walk down grafton street.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    That lad with the crystal ball looks sh*te. I've never stayed around long enough to see what he's really doing, I can't listen to Moby for that long.
    This is an artform (form of juggling, read what you wish) known as contact juggling, it was made famous during the david bowie movie, Labyrinth. Its highly regarded as one of the most skillful and difficult to master arts. If you want to see a better video just let me know but i'll presume very few are bothered (judging by the response)

and no, we don't all use Moby

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    My mates band occasionally busk around the grafton st area. They play 60's covers, pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcRoVRJPvGc

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVAwJRLZWfE

Generally though I agree the standard is pretty ****e.

Will you tell your mate to learn a few new songs. Hearing the same 6 songs on a constant loop is sheer torture when I'm stuck in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

pithater1 wrote: »
    Will you tell your mate to learn a few new songs. Hearing the same 6 songs on a constant loop is sheer torture when I'm stuck in work.

Ha.

When theyre gigging they do around 18 but I assume they just loop the most popular ones when busking to get the most monies.

I'll let em know though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Anyone but McSavage tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

It's the fully amplified bands that nark me. That's not busking, that's an outdoor gig. Blasting up and down the street offending my ears.. I have more respect for the lads with no amps, busking with acoustics - even tho very often they're not the mae west.

Having said all that, I've never had the balls to busk, and I've been playing all my life..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

on a side note, if you hate performers, id avoid grafton street from 1pm on friday, there will be jugglers etc there to promote the dublin circus festival all busking on behalf of charity and there will be a fire show (apparently) at top of grafton street beside stephens green

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

What about the guy who plays only two notes on a penny whistle while hunched over outside the Central Bank?

Haven't seen him in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

Does the cowboy lookin dude who plays the slide guitar still busk on Grafton Street/Stephens Green?

He was playing in Whelans lastnite and he's pretty awesome!

he doesn't busk anymore and is in whelan's ever sunday

Advertisement