Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IF you found a phone what would you do?

Options
  • 18-04-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

If you found a phone where would you hand it in?
    I lost my phone just by the canal in D8.

I've checked in the local shops,pharmacies etc. Just wondering if you found a phone where would you hand it in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

if its turned on phone "home" or "mam"/"dad"

if its not turned on ...bring to local garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

I tend to find them quite often actually!
    If they're on I look at the calls and ring the last number in there. Usually wait around to return it.
    If it'll be too long, I stash it in a nice dry hiding place and text the last person a message was received from telling them where the phone is.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

I've found phones in pubs before and I've always handed them to the bar staff.
    Same if I found a phone in a shop, etc.
    But if I found a phone at some random place outside where there is nowhere to hand it in I'd just ring the home number on it to find the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Garda station

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Issue is the phone was probably off at the stage I lost it and password protected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

1. ring home/mum/dad etc.
    2. if none of those exist ring the last dialled number.
    3. if it's turned off, turn it on and do 1 and 2.
    4. if it's pin protected (i'd surely hope it would be) hand it in to the nearest garda station.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

i found a nokia N86 8mp , but its dead, no life in it, maybe someone threw it away?,, same as this,,,
    nokia-n86-8mp-indigo_20.jpg top model too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Whenever it happened , I just found a number, as said, like Home or Mum/Dad and arranged a meet to give it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

I would leave it for someone else to find. Idiots that lose their phone do not deserve my attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

bigar wrote: »
    I would leave it for someone else to find. Idiots that lose their phone do not deserve my attention.

with a comment like that i think someone would be quite unfortunate to have your attention:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

# ring the last number on it,
    lost my phone once at the Zoo, didnt realized i lost till a man from the Zoo said someone just handed in my phone, (Thanks x) who ever you were.
    that was a couple of years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

If the phone was switched off, I guess you could see which provider's SIM is in the phone and bring it into one of their shops and see if they could contact the person? Not sure if they have any other contact details, but maybe they would have an e-mail. Or they could bypass the SIM with the PUK and get the names on the phone and text someone like Mam/ Dad. Now I've never heard of anyone getting their phone back in this way, so just speculating.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sarahinnavan

I'd drop it into the local garda station if it was off. Only a scumbag would keep it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jojowho

Garda station...but most people don't do this way. I lost my mobile phone last months with my photo in it. Nothing happend later...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

We found one in our garden once after some girl was drinking in there (The over 16's disco is down the road from us). My mam rang the home number and absolutely ripped into your one, telling her she was trespassing on private property etc. Your one didn't remember where our house was so mam just left it down to the garda station and made sure they knew the details of the situation:D

In answer to your question OP, I would ring the numbers on the phone or if it was off, I probably hand it into the garda station or the pub/shop etc where I found it. It all depends on who found your phone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I'd do what everyone else says here, but I'd go through all the pics first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

WindSock wrote: »
    I'd do what everyone else says here, but I'd go through all the pics first :)
    thats also one of the perks of buying second hand phones :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

If it was an iPhone I could not guarantee it would make it back to its owner

Advertisement