If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turntables with Phono USB

Options
  • 18-04-2010 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi John,

I am looing for a turntable with a USB recording feature to work with my Mac and hifi system. There is Pro-ject Debut III Phono USB out there, and I would like to know how good or avoidable it is. Unlike Numark, it comes with a dust cover and an Ortofon cartridge according to the pdf brochure, which are attractive. Is there anything to note about this type of turntables?

If you can get this model in, how much can you do it?

Thank you for your info.

aldente

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,461 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

aldente wrote: »
    Hi John,

I am looing for a turntable with a USB recording feature to work with my Mac and hifi system. There is Pro-ject Debut III Phono USB out there, and I would like to know how good or avoidable it is. Unlike Numark, it comes with a dust cover and an Ortofon cartridge according to the pdf brochure, which are attractive. Is there anything to note about this type of turntables?

If you can get this model in, how much can you do it?

Thank you for your info.

aldente

Aldente,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - How is the rest of your kit going??

The project USB is an excellent product however it is quite expensive - we can investigate getting it for you as a special order - we do stock the Denon DP200 which again is an excellent model featuring all the requirements yuo listed and at the moment is is only £159.95!

Keep me posted if we can assist and apologies again for the delay getting back to you!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭aldente

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, my Marantz SR6004 has been doing well.

I had a gander at the Denon DP-200USB webpage. Well, it does not seem to support Mac, although your price is nice.

Could you let me know the price of the Pro-ject Debut USB?

Thank you,

aldente

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

Hi John,

I'm also interested in the same turntable. The Pro-ject Debut III is highly regarded on pretty much all the serious music/hi-fi forums that I've visited. It would be nice to have USB output so I wouldn't have to worry about buying a good quality pre-amp and soundcard for digitising at a later date but my main priority right now would be having a good turntable to listen to my vinyl record collection.

I recently sent you the following PM but it seems to have been missed:
    I sent you this email just about a year ago and have again got the itch to upgrade my vinyl set-up. I'm still interested in getting a Pro-Ject Debut III with USB Output but I presume since I didn't hear back from you that it's not that easy to get one ordered in - and I doubt the demand for these niche items would be particularly high.

If you think it's worth my while waiting for the USB, let me know. Otherwise, I'll probably just buy the regular Project III and look into upgrading the pre-amp / ADC stages some other time.

Regards,
    Anthony

> Many thanks for your email and apologies for the delay in my reply.
    >
    > The Debut 3 USB is currently out of stock both in Belfast and in our UK
    > stores - and at the moment I have no incoming date for delivery - I can put
    > an order on the system for you without any obligation on your part and if I
    > do see any stocks we will drop you a line - I do have the Numark TT USB
    > available in stock at the moment at just £99.95 if you are interested in
    > this model and I can do this with free shipping for Boardies anywhere in
    > Ireland:
    > http://www.froogle.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=NUMA
    > -TTUSB

Dear John,

Thank you for the prompt response (I wouldn't expect anyone to email me
    back before 9.30 on a Monday morning). While the Numark is quite cheap,
    I would much prefer to wait for a Pro-Ject Debut III as it seems to
    strike the right balance between price and quality. I would very much
    appreciate it if you could order one for me as there is no particular
    urgency.

Best regards,
    Anthony

• Company Representative Posts: 17,267 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Guys.

I had been checking around for you and unfortunately the Project Debut 3 USB has totally ran out of stock with no incoming date on it. It looks like we might not see any more of these arrive.

They do have the Project Phonobox USB MK3 listed at £99.95 but again there is no stock in our main warehouse!!:mad:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/phono-pre-amps/project/phonobox-usb-mk3/proj-phonbox-usb-mk3

Even the Project Debut has run out of stock at the moment!!

SORRY!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

That's all terrible news, Kenny :( but thanks for the full update on Project turntables and pre-amps. I'm not in a mad rush to get a new turntable and I'd prefer to hold out for the Project Debut III if you think there's a chance of them coming back in.

Best regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

im looking for a suitable turntable for my system. i dont need a usb output just a good quality one.

what brand /price you recommend?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.