Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a mod on boards?

Options
  • 19-04-2010 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Just curious -- I don't want to become a mod myself - i doubt they would allow it biggrin.gif

but is this a voluntary thing ? how do people become mods ??

Sorry i posted this in AH ... but realized that was the wrong place for it !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

HI there,
    Yes all positions here on Boards, with the exception of official Boards employees, are voluntary positions. In general, new Mods are recommended by Cmods/Forum mods on an as needed basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

official boards employees ? - how many people work for boards.ie roughly ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Boards is part of the Daft group, so there's an element of crossover between some of the most senior staff. But as for Boards itself, to the best of my knowledge there are 5 employees, DeVore as managing director (or something like that), 2 community managers and 2 IT developers. Adverts.ie, which is a related site also has 2 or 3 employees.

Advertisement