Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grimsby fan's rant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

laughed hardest at the Gok Wan bit, out of nowhere, loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I have felt **** all day with the Arsenal result but this has cheered me up, brilliant stuff :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Absolutely fúcking quality... and sums up the way I usually feel after Chelsea get ripped apart (doesn't happen as often as it used to, but still happens enough times for me to go spare...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

DazMarz wrote: »
    Absolutely fúcking quality... and sums up the way I usually feel after Chelsea get ripped apart (doesn't happen as often as it used to, but still happens enough times for me to go spare...)
    WHOOOSSHHH
    Plastic Premier League fans can fúck off. I just spoke to my Manchester United supporting neighbour (who incidentally, has been to Old Trafford before – twice) about Town’s predicament. You know what he said? “I know how you feel; it’s like when we failed to win a trophy in ‘95”. NO IT FÚCKING WELL IS NOT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

You better pray that POOJAH doesn't read that......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The girlfriend one is good, reminds me of an old Spurs gag:

My girlfriend told me she thinks I love Tottenham more than her. I told her "babe, I love Arsenal more than you".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Wish he was on here. Would have some fun with him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont like using the word epic but that is a rant of epic proportions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I'm presuming this is the same guy that wrote that open letter to the Grimsby players earlier on in the season.
    He certainly has a way with words :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Did you miss the part where he had a go at people like you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm presuming this is the same guy that wrote that open letter to the Grimsby players earlier on in the season.
    He certainly has a way with words :D

Yeah, its mentioned down the thread that it was the same guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

CSF wrote: »

Wasting your time. The fact he has a rip into armchair fans will be lost on/ignored by these armchair fans as him having a go at other armchair fans to them.

Those who watch their team in the pub will never feel the range of emotions that Poojah so magnificantly sums up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

That rant is made of win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

CSF wrote: »
    Wasting your time. The fact he has a rip into armchair fans will be lost on/ignored by these armchair fans as him having a go at other armchair fans to them.

Those who watch their team in the pub will never feel the range of emotions that Poojah so magnificantly sums up there.

Get down of your LOI horse! The lad has a go at his girlfriend, dad and his pizza shop all in the same post. I for one won't be too upset that he also had a go at us "plastic" fans!

jasonorr wrote: »
    Get down of your LOI horse! The lad has a go at his girlfriend, dad and his pizza shop all in the same post. I for one won't be too upset that he also had a go at us "plastic" fans!

and if his girlfriend, dad or pizza shop come on here and post how good his rant is, I'll call them for missing the entire point of the rant too...

and if his girlfriend, dad or pizza shop come on here and post how good his rant is, I'll call them for missing the entire point of the rant too...

We haven't missed the point of his rant as it's pretty obvious for all to see, it doesn't make it any less entertaining to read. To be honest you have to feel for the guy and his fellow Grimsby fans!

We haven't missed the point of his rant as it's pretty obvious for all to see, it doesn't make it any less entertaining to read. To be honest you have to feel for the guy and his fellow Grimsby fans!

Is there a facepalm smilie?

Is there a facepalm smilie?

Do you actually have a point here???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BrandonFlowers

Do you actually have a point here???

have to agree with jason here, i support manchester united and have done since i was old enough to understand such things. While this obviously makes me a "plastic" fan cos i can't go to a match every week and have to watch them on tv i will never let anyone tell me that i don't feel the emotions that fans of LOI or teams such as grimsby feel.

As far as i'm concerned united are in my blood in the exact same way as "real" fans team's. I was watching united v city on saturday with tears in my eyes as i realised oyr dream was going up in smoke until a certain paul scholes popped up with a winner when i thought me and my brother would spontaneously combust with the happiness.

just because one team is more successful than another doesn't make it any easier to watch them lose.

seriously grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Nothing to do with the LOI tbf

gustavo wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the LOI tbf

From the perspective of the person I quoted, it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

From the perspective of the person I quoted, it is!

Its always about the LOI with ONYD, mirthlessly, relentlessly and above all tediously so.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Its always about the LOI with ONYD, mirthlessly, relentlessly and above all tediously so.:pac:

Yep.

flahavaj wrote: »

To be fair, I posted about Italian football once.

This isn't actually about the LoI. The lad is mocking barstoolers for taking the easy option and picking a successful side they have no geographical or family affinity with and therefore avoiding the heartache he has as the team he loves falls out of the league structure. His life would have been so much easier if he took the easy option and followed a bandwagon as opposed to his local side. And a load of Irish Liverpool and Man U fans go 'isn't that hilarious, what a rant' while stoicially missing the point.

have to agree with jason here, i support manchester united and have done since i was old enough to understand such things. While this obviously makes me a "plastic" fan cos i can't go to a match every week and have to watch them on tv i will never let anyone tell me that i don't feel the emotions that fans of LOI or teams such as grimsby feel.

But by definition you don't, because you aren't actually from Manchester and don't experience the day to day trials and tribulations of seeing your team in the flest that this man does.

just because one team is more successful than another doesn't make it any easier to watch them lose.

The point isn't about success or failure. Its about the emotions involved in supporting your local side in the manner he does, unconditionally through thin and thinner. And you can claim to be a 'diehard' Man U fan till the cows come home, you will never feel how this man feels from the comfort of your armchair or barstool.

We are back to the old fans v consumers argument, which I'm sure the mods will love to be hashed out again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So no-one's going to argue that this Poojah fella is taking it all too seriously then...

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Truth is, watching my team win does things for me that no woman can. If push comes to shove and I’m horny, I can always have a wánk.

Priceless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement