Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New coffee shop

Options
  • 19-04-2010 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed the new coffee shop by the Montrose hotel in that place that used to be a Maxol garage years ago? Has it been there long? I noticed it Friday and can't get over how good it was. All coffee €2, and as a coffee-addict it's really good coffee too, hugely better than the insomnia muck. They also do great homemade Italian sandwiches, lovely proper ingredients, and all on different hearty gorgeous bread.

Just thought I'd mention it since I know most people are flying through the coffee at this time of year and it makes for a nice break strolling over to get a nice cup for once and is definitely the best food/coffee I've gotten around campus. Plus it'd be nice to see a small indie shop like that do well in times like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Yeah I noticed it the other day as I drove past it. It must be new as I pass there most days and never saw it before.
    I can't remember - is there parking outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Jicked

Yeah there was a fair few spaces out front but there's nowhere to sit inside to eat which is a bit crap. The weird thing is that it seems to be a coffee shop and mechanics rolled in to the one building, seems an odd combination!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Cheers for the heads up, I'll check it out today hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

yea it opened a few weeks ago, the coffee is ok. not the best but its still better than most of the campus coffee. Im glad theres a place to get a drink there now, i was sad when maxol went as i usually forget to bring a drink with me when getting the bus to wexford. you get a free chocolate with your coffee too... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Oooo I have to check this place out

/clears pallet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

yum yum mochas

Advertisement