Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Genealogical relationships of Presidents of the United States

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

afghan2-girl1.jpg

about the specifics of individuals, 4000 years is a bit of a margin to be tryin to pin it on one bloke :P but the genetic makeup and spread of populations is sorta trackable

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JohnfromGalway

what about the kennedys? JFK & Bobby? Who are they related to?

Patsie Kennedy from Dunganstown ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

what about the kennedys? JFK & Bobby? Who are they related to?

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/the_kennedy_bloodline.htm

More of the usual unsubstantiated claims.

At one point he says Brian Boru was also know as Brian Caeneddi(Kennedy). Never heard it before, and google only shows results linked to similar articles about JFK.

edit: Actually I was wrong, his full name was Brian Bóruma mac Cennétig (As his fathers name was Cennétig mac Lorcain). However his descendants did not have that name, they held the name ó brian.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

amacachi wrote: »
    Eye colour is an odd one. Brown is dominant, but I think it's due to European inbreeding for so long that blue stayed top as long as it did.
    Another theory has it that blue eyes and blonde hair become common in europe was because of the very small population unusual external features evolved and were selected to show diversity. In a small breding group you look for differences. Europeans show the most variability in skin hair(texture too) and eye colour of any population.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Emme wrote: »
    Maybe people with genes for blue/green eyes didn't travel much over the last few thousand years and that's how it persisted. It's only now that people are really starting to mix with globalisation. Even so you'll get people up the Afghan mountains with striking green eyes so it's a bit of a puzzle.

Saw them on one of Michael Palins shows. One idea is that they share ancestry with Alexander the Greats army.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/6214794/Taliban-targets-descendants-of-Alexander-the-Great.html
    I think I also read or heard about a link to Bulgarians. Of course being in an isolated area also means any genetic drift is contained within the group.
    The Tajikstan/Kazakstan area is suppsoed to be a "hub" for the population of areas of Europe and Asia after the ice age so you get amazing features there.
    Then there are the Ati of the Phillipines.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ati_(Philippines)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Wibbs wrote: »
    Another theory has it that blue eyes and blonde hair become common in europe was because of the very small population unusual external features evolved and were selected to show diversity. In a small breding group you look for differences. Europeans show the most variability in skin hair(texture too) and eye colour of any population.

lol.. "evolved".. if it's not evolved it's "mutation". if it's not mutation it's EVOLVED. Stupid conditioning. ugh..:mad:

Blue eyes don't come from the this planet. The same way RH - blood doesn't either. Never seen a blue eye chimpanzee in my life, to tell you the truth.

Stop reading those brainwashing science programs. I have a headache from still hearing these

To answer your question, on why European has wider variety of eye colour and hair colour is because most of Europeans are descendant from Atlantis and other white skinned races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

mysterious wrote: »
    To answer your question, on why European has wider variety of eye colour and hair colour is because most of Europeans are descendant from Atlantis and other white skinned races.

Have you anything to back this up? I'd love to believe you but the evidence just isn't there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Blue eyes don't come from the this planet. .

Of course everyone knows blue eyes come from Neptune, green eyes are from Uranus and those crazy people with the red eyes.....you've guessed it......Martians!

Have you anything to back this up? I'd love to believe you but the evidence just isn't there.

Sitting on the fence waiting for others to make you believe something, is the problem why society is brainwashed and not informed. I couldn't give a flying elf if you don't believe me either. lol.

The evidence is overwhelming. Blue eyes and green eyes originate in NW Europe. As for Atlanteans, they were blue eyed, fair skinned. They settled in Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Western France and The North Eastern Spain (Basque) Our RH - blood types prove your genetic relation. We are not celts and neither are they. Celts is fabrication of history to keep the true history all waddled up.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Of course everyone knows blue eyes come from Neptune, green eyes are from Uranus and those crazy people with the red eyes.....you've guessed it......Martians!

Don't take up humour, it's not your strong point.

Brown eyes come from Uranus.
    Thank you, I'm here all week try the red snapper.

Sitting on the fence waiting for others to make you believe something, is the problem why society is brainwashed and not informed. I couldn't give a flying elf if you don't believe me either. lol.

The evidence is overwhelming. Blue eyes and green eyes originate in NW Europe. As for Atlanteans, they were blue eyed, fair skinned. They settled in Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Western France and The North Eastern Spain (Basque) Our RH - blood types prove your genetic relation. We are not celts and neither are they. Celts is fabrication of history to keep the true history all waddled up.

So overwhelming you didn't provide any. The term Celt isn't a fabrication just misusing a label.

fontanalis wrote: »
    So overwhelming you didn't provide any. The term Celt isn't a fabrication just misusing a label.

I don't need too, why would I need to try prove it to you, when you back society, authority and education:D

I'm gonna do the smart thing, and let you find out what's real outside what you've been told all the time.:p

I share info with people who are open to topics outside of the mainstream, hardly bothered about trying to convince you of the over whelming evidence there is when all you need to do is do some research.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

The evidence is overwhelming.

No its not.

No its not.

lol.....

I don't need too, why would I need to try prove it to you, when you back society, authority and education:D

I'm gonna do the smart thing, and let you find out what's real outside what you've been told all the time.:p

I share info with people who are open to topics outside of the mainstream, hardly bothered about trying to convince you of the over whelming evidence there is when all you need to do is do some research.

Nice evasion . . . AGAIN.
    So what planet were Atlanteans from?

The evidence is overwhelming.

Don't take up humour, it's not your strong point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

lol.. "evolved".. if it's not evolved it's "mutation". if it's not mutation it's EVOLVED. Stupid conditioning. ugh..:mad:
    Not conditioning, semantics. Most mutations do nada or hurt the organism, the odd one that doesnt and is advantageous may get passed on. They're all still mutations. Evolution doesnt "care". It can go "backwards"too.

Blue eyes don't come from the this planet. The same way RH - blood doesn't either. Never seen a blue eye chimpanzee in my life, to tell you the truth.
    Blue eyes are not a colour as such. They arise from the lack of a colour in the iris,not an addition. Basically the gene to produce melanin in the iris gets switched off. Given that melanin is much reduced in europeans due to selection in low UV areas and the reduction in vit c being produced in the skin, its not surprising other parts of the body would follow suit. Hair too.

Animals can have blue eyes. Birds, reptiles, dogs even primates(lemurs).
    So these atlanteans were red heads and blondes as well? You get black hair in ancient european populations too. Indeed along the western seaboard of europe you get more black haired people, not less. Basques(very few blondes, though some gingers), western Irish, western french etc. So lets agree atlantis existed and there was a proposed migration from atlantis you would expect to see more blondes in the west falling off as you went east. You dont. There are more blondes in the north and in the central areas than anywhere. On that basis a better location for atlantis would be in the black sea.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Not conditioning, semantics. Most mutations do nada or hurt the organism, the odd one that doesnt and is advantageous may get passed on. They're all still mutations. Evolution doesnt "care". It can go "backwards"too.

Don't forget other Intellegent life can come here and dance and change thing around to really give this evolution bull**** down the potty.

:rolleyes:

Blue eyes are not a colour as such. They arise from the lack of a colour in the iris,not an addition. Basically the gene to produce melanin in the iris gets switched off.

Switched off lmao. Oh yeah if it were switched off someone turned it off, or the blue eyes come from another humanoid race. How come you don't find blue eyes anywhere else in the world? The rabbit hole is very deep and you haven't gone down it. When you do we will talk further, I just couldnt be bothered with this conditioning. When I hear some of your points, its like my subconscious is going "oh shiit oh shiit same programming stuff we learnt in school make it stop"

Given that melanin is much reduced in europeans due to selection in low UV areas and the reduction in vit c being produced in the skin, its not surprising other parts of the body would follow suit. Hair too.
    Why didn't it happen in Japan, China, Australia, New Zeland and other temperate zones. I can understand skin going darker in warmer climates. But your point is still not correct overall.

You mean Vitamin D???
    Animals can have blue eyes. Birds, reptiles, dogs even primates(lemurs).
    Reptiles have mixed coloured eyes, but you will never see a proper blue eyed animal.

So these atlanteans were red heads and blondes as well? You get black hair in ancient european populations too. Indeed along the western seaboard of europe you get more black haired people, not less. Basques(very few blondes, though some gingers), western Irish, western french etc. So lets agree atlantis existed and there was a proposed migration from atlantis you would expect to see more blondes in the west falling off as you went east. You dont. There are more blondes in the north and in the central areas than anywhere. On that basis a better location for atlantis would be in the black sea.

The Blonde came from Scandinavia, where the Nordic humans settled. The race Germans wanted to recreate, when we were drilled that Darwinism shiite into our heads in schools.

The Blonde came from Scandinavia, where the Nordic humans settled. The race Germans wanted to recreate, when we were drilled that Darwinism shiite into our heads in schools.

What in the name of holy sweet Atlantis are you talking about?
    Can you at least give us an overview of your opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Reptiles have mixed coloured eyes, but you will never see a proper blue eyed animal.

My Great Dane had Blue eyes.

When I hear some of your points, its like my subconscious is going "oh shiit oh shiit same programming stuff we learnt in school make it stop"

Do you have any respect whatsoever for anybody who has differing views to you? That is so purile. The poster made a valid point based on actual fact and you show no respect for their point at all, yet you demand respect from everyone on here. :rolleyes:

What planet was it from?

Do you have any respect whatsoever for anybody who has differing views to you? That is so purile. The poster made a valid point based on actual fact and you show no respect for their point at all, yet you demand respect from everyone on here. :rolleyes:

He repeated a "belief system" The belief system's we learn in school and college. I can openly say I don't respect or agree with this kind of conditioning that we have been brought up on. It has nothing to do with wibbs or anyone here, so don't try that nonsense with me again.

And for the record where he provides facts I won't argue with him. Hes reasonable. I have more respect for him than many attackers here. He can defend himself and you don't need to try make something out of it when there is nothing wrong in what I said. And If hes incorrect on his facts, it's not the end of the world. We here are not afraid to voice ourselves and worry about authority around us "fact checking"

Interesting how you swing and side and try make posts personal towards me? hmm.

• Advertisement

He repeated a "belief system" The belief system's we learn in school and college. I can openly say I don't respect or agree with this kind of conditioning that we have been brought up on. It has nothing to do with wibbs or anyone here, so don't try that nonsense with me again.

And for the record where he provides facts I won't argue with him. Hes reasonable. I have more respect for him than many attackers here. He can defend himself and you don't need to try make something out of it when there is nothing wrong in what I said. And If hes incorrect on his facts, it's not the end of the world. We here are not afraid to voice ourselves and worry about authority around us "fact checking"

Interesting how you swing and side and try make posts personal towards me? hmm.

Enlighten me please as I do not see the personal attack. I said you did not show respect for his point. How you can twist my words and pretend it's an attack on you is laughable :pac:

Don't forget other Intellegent life can come here and dance and change thing around to really give this evolution bull**** down the potty.
    We can do it ourselves with gene manipulation so thats doable. One could also argue homo sapiens is the outlier compared to other previous hominids. We would definitely be the odd man out at the hominid party. We have chins, relatively flat faces, high foreheads with small browridges and for no real good reason. Skin colour not so much as neandertals were white and carried a red hair and blue eyed gene. Others may have too, but we dont know.

Switched off lmao. Oh yeah if it were switched off someone turned it off, or the blue eyes come from another humanoid race. How come you don't find blue eyes anywhere else in the world?
    Gene's switch on and off all the time. We can observe this even in living animals, never mind populations. Colours change too. Grey hair isnt grey, it looks it because the melanin cells in the follicle switch off and stop producing melanin. Brown eyes have blue in them but the brown overlays that. Green is a mixture of the two as is hazel. Grey has even less melanin than blue.

I would agree that Europeans are outliers in the human population. We show some interesting external differences. Diverse eye colour. Diverse hair colour and texture and same for skin tones. We were among the first out of Africa, and it seems though there were subsequent migrations Europe was cut off for longer by successive ice ages, so had less mixing. We have the least amount of gene "mothers" and mutations of the major populations. Africans the most and Asians follow. This isolation and low population density increases novel features even over short time periods. We see this in any isolated group. So aliens or atlantis while possible explanations if that is peoples belief, dont require them.

Why didn't it happen in Japan, China, Australia, New Zeland and other temperate zones. I can understand skin going darker in warmer climates. But your point is still not correct overall.
    Australia was colonised at least 60,000 years ago. Possibly by one of the earlier migrations out of Africa. A fascinating subject actually. Some researchers looking at the migrations into europe and australia have even lumped native australians closer to caucasians than to asians.http://www.hreoc.gov.au/photo_comp/images/0089_sm.jpg blue eyed native australian. Native Australians can also have light hair and even reddish hair and this was noted early on by europeans. But as Australia is a very high UV climate and less temperate than europe the same selection pressures werent there or there for long enough. Tasmania which would be closer to europe in climate was colonised much later. New Zealand wasnt colonised until much much later. In history times indeed, so no joy there. Overall its also a warmer climate. More like spain or italy or greece, whose populations show less blue eyes anyway(the ancient greeks didnt have a separate name for blonde, until the later celtic invasions from the north). The Chinese and Japanese and Asians in general have much less melanin than native Africans. While the climate can be similar, the populations werent as isolated or for long enough to make changes so blue eyed gene remained recessive. An indication of how recessive it is and how easily it can disappear is (as was mentioned earlier) blue eyes in mixed populations like the US is dying out within a few generations. In 400 years it could be almost gone. In the 10's of 1000's of years we're discussing it would have no hope of surviving in a mixed population. Japan.Interesting one. First colonised 30,000 years ago from asia. Then again another migration 140000 years ago. Some remnant of the original group may be found in the Ainu, who having been there longer are paler skinned and hairier than the Japanese as a whole http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ainu_people So much so that early researchers were convinced they were caucasians. But nope they're genetially asian. so it seems living in that environment started some of the changes we see in europeans.
    You mean Vitamin D???
    :o:o:o OOPs! :) Yep. Guilty as charged.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/18/23725015_2430393ead.jpg
    http://www.cvm.missouri.edu/SCAAZV/images/lemurs/blue-eyed%20black%20lemur.jpg
    http://www.solarnavigator.net/animal_kingdom/animal_images/Cat_white_fur_blue_eyes.jpg (you'll note white fur, low melainin)
    http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/6899875/2/istockphoto_6899875-blue-eyed-cat.jpg (here just blue eyes)
    http://images03.olx.com/ui/1/31/41/12133041_1.jpg
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs44/i/2009/133/6/8/Blue_eyed_polar_fox_by_woxys.jpg (dave bowie as a mutt) :D
    http://images03.olx.com/ui/1/59/68/12095168_3.jpg
    http://aishagrace.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/86blue-eyed-bengal.jpg

Take your pick

Still doesnt explain the east west bias of blue eyes, if the western parts were populated by blue eyed atlanteans

We can do it ourselves with gene manipulation so thats doable. One could also argue homo sapiens is the outlier compared to other previous hominids. We would definitely be the odd man out at the hominid party. We have chins, relatively flat faces, high foreheads with small browridges and for no real good reason. Skin colour not so much as neandertals were white and carried a red hair and blue eyed gene. Others may have too, but we dont know.

Gene's switch on and off all the time. We can observe this even in living animals, never mind populations. Colours change too. Grey hair isnt grey, it looks it because the melanin cells in the follicle switch off and stop producing melanin. Brown eyes have blue in them but the brown overlays that. Green is a mixture of the two as is hazel. Grey has even less melanin than blue.

I would agree that Europeans are outliers in the human population. We show some interesting external differences. Diverse eye colour. Diverse hair colour and texture and same for skin tones. We were among the first out of Africa, and it seems though there were subsequent migrations Europe was cut off for longer by successive ice ages, so had less mixing. We have the least amount of gene "mothers" and mutations of the major populations. Africans the most and Asians follow. This isolation and low population density increases novel features even over short time periods. We see this in any isolated group. So aliens or atlantis while possible explanations if that is peoples belief, dont require them.

Australia was colonised at least 60,000 years ago. Possibly by one of the earlier migrations out of Africa. A fascinating subject actually. Some researchers looking at the migrations into europe and australia have even lumped native australians closer to caucasians than to asians.http://www.hreoc.gov.au/photo_comp/images/0089_sm.jpg blue eyed native australian. Native Australians can also have light hair and even reddish hair and this was noted early on by europeans. But as Australia is a very high UV climate and less temperate than europe the same selection pressures werent there or there for long enough. Tasmania which would be closer to europe in climate was colonised much later. New Zealand wasnt colonised until much much later. In history times indeed, so no joy there. Overall its also a warmer climate. More like spain or italy or greece, whose populations show less blue eyes anyway(the ancient greeks didnt have a separate name for blonde, until the later celtic invasions from the north). The Chinese and Japanese and Asians in general have much less melanin than native Africans. While the climate can be similar, the populations werent as isolated or for long enough to make changes so blue eyed gene remained recessive. An indication of how recessive it is and how easily it can disappear is (as was mentioned earlier) blue eyes in mixed populations like the US is dying out within a few generations. In 400 years it could be almost gone. In the 10's of 1000's of years we're discussing it would have no hope of surviving in a mixed population. Japan.Interesting one. First colonised 30,000 years ago from asia. Then again another migration 140000 years ago. Some remnant of the original group may be found in the Ainu, who having been there longer are paler skinned and hairier than the Japanese as a whole http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ainu_people So much so that early researchers were convinced they were caucasians. But nope they're genetially asian. so it seems living in that environment started some of the changes we see in europeans.

:o:o:o OOPs! :) Yep. Guilty as charged.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/18/23725015_2430393ead.jpg
    http://www.cvm.missouri.edu/SCAAZV/images/lemurs/blue-eyed%20black%20lemur.jpg
    http://www.solarnavigator.net/animal_kingdom/animal_images/Cat_white_fur_blue_eyes.jpg (you'll note white fur, low melainin)
    http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/6899875/2/istockphoto_6899875-blue-eyed-cat.jpg (here just blue eyes)
    http://images03.olx.com/ui/1/31/41/12133041_1.jpg
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs44/i/2009/133/6/8/Blue_eyed_polar_fox_by_woxys.jpg (dave bowie as a mutt) :D
    http://images03.olx.com/ui/1/59/68/12095168_3.jpg
    http://aishagrace.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/86blue-eyed-bengal.jpg

Take your pick

Still doesnt explain the east west bias of blue eyes, if the western parts were populated by blue eyed atlanteans

A good interesting post that will no doubt be waved off in favour Atlanteans.

fontanalis wrote: »
    A good interesting post that will no doubt be waved off in favour Atlanteans.
    Ok yea, but, go back 100 years and suggesting for peer review that the earth was 4 billion years old would have had you laughed out of it. Closer to home. To suggest newgrange was purposely alligned astronomically and built 500 years before the pyramids would have had you sectioned:D To further suggest the Irish werent actually celts may have added a rubber room. The pyramids being built. not by slaves and in under ten years would have raised a laugh that charlie chaplin would have died for. Each generation is convinced it has the keys to the door of truth. They are right, but they can only get the door ajar a little bit. Maybe we can open it much more, but it would be hubristic in the extreme to say we can open it fully and walk through.

Why do I like the CT forum? I read all sorts of mad stuff and connections and interesting coincidences and I fcukin love that. I may not agree with 95.999% of it, but so what? I know I've been wrong about many things in the past, so all Im sure of is that I maybe wrong now, with a small side order of maybe right. Boring is the life lived with others who always agree with you. My take anyway. Though I was nearly apoplectic with the moon hoax thread :D

Atlantis. OK Good old Plato* mentions it and gives some detail. So what is Atlantis? My humble? It could be many things. It could be(and has good links with) the massive volcanic event on Santorini http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santorini a hub of the very advanced minoan culture(hot and cold running water/sanitation/building methods/2 and three storied houses/ships) which made the greeks of the time look like cavemen. The original shape of the island was a central port, enclosed by a ring of land(the rim of the caldera that would ultimately doom it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoan_eruption ), similar to how Plato describes atlantis. The catastrophe that overtook Atlantis in short order so that it fell into the sea in a cataclysm would mirror santorini's end too. Also Plato describes the soil types of Atlantis, the red and the black, which is also found on santorini. Its a pretty good mix and if you take the later date he gives as the translation pretty damned close too. That's one take.

Another take would be a race memory of the flooding of low lying lands after the last ice age. Flood and catastrophe and lost land myths are in damn near every culture on earth, as is the noah type story. There's something to it. Its too endemic to be dismissed as ramblings of the ancients. The ancients were just like us and not morons by any stretch. They recounted their history as stories easily remembered by largely unlettered hands. Yes chinese whispers takes over, but observe Muslim scholars who can recall with 100% accuracy the entire Koran from memory. If all the Korans in the world were lost tomorrow, you could rewrite it by listening to these guys. And its not exactly a short book and a bloody complex one too, so I have more faith in oral transmission than many.

So the memory of loss of land and sudden floods, maybe a loss of order and more civilisation and over time that civilisation grows in the mind and the loss of a golden age is more keenly felt, throw in somewhere like santorini, that was an advanced "golden age" and Atlantis may have been born. It doesnt make it less real, indeed in some ways it makes it more real as its a shared human history. Tir na Nog is our own version. Tir na Nog is a good metaphor in some ways. We all lose youth, our own personal golden age that exaggerates in the memory when old and that which we can never return to, so no wonder this idea of a halcyon age, of gilded pleasure and knowledge and then loss holds such a fascination, both personal and cultural.

I wouldnt begrudge nor denigrate that notion, whether personal or cultural to anyone, even if I dont beleive in or maybe know about a "real" Atlantis. In one way Im glad some do.

*who BTW is really worth a read. Gigantic mind on the lad from Athens. If he appears on first impressions over complex and obtuse for the sake of it like too many "thinkers", keep reading. He's not, he really is that complex and profound. When current techno geeks sure of their brilliance read him and other "ancients" they often get a shock. In that I agree with mysterious, wisdom and great minds didnt start 100 years ago.

I don't write off the idea of an Atlantis like civilisation at all. Wasn't there an overall area of land about the size of the US submerged?
    Stephen Oppenheimer has a book about how Eur-Asia was populated by decendants from areas submerged in East Asia called Eden in the East which I must check out. I just don't buy the compounded woo that comes from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

That's the problem: all that woo

Woo ????

Is it possible that he could have been referring to the British Isles as Atlantis?

Its location, as "beyond the pillars of Hercules" certainly fit. Also when you consider some of the clearly astounding astronomical understanding of the ancients here with newgrange stonehenge etc. It makes sense they would be seen as a very advanced race.

Then if you look at a map of the B.I.'s
    BritishIsles.gif

You could imagine it forming a 'ring' shape around a larger Isle of Man when the land bridges were there and the tide was lower.

This is just me rambling, but it makes sense to me, what about the volcano part of the story? Is there any volcanos in Ireland/England that have erupted in the past 5,000-10,000 years?

yeah, but the legend dosent say, it got a bit damp here and there, it says that the Island/City was submerged.

I've generaly considered Antartica as the best bet meself, Its covered with 'Water' and is fairly in the middle of the ocean.

then you have the Piri Rees map, which regrdless of its origins is still older than any modern knowledge of the coastline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

When I was a kid growing up on a farm we had cattle. Most had brown eyes but we had one that blue eyes. Also a white coat. From Atlantis? Unlikely. Albino bullock? Possible.

Emme wrote: »
    When I was a kid growing up on a farm we had cattle. Most had brown eyes but we had one that blue eyes. Also a white coat. From Atlantis? Unlikely. Albino bullock? Possible.

Frankie, one of my ducks, fought off a Malamote/Huskie thing that had hypnotic Blue eyes.

but anyway, the OP yeah, how interconnected are the individual Family units over time

Atlantis was about 800,000 km smack in the middle of the Atlantic. I'm guessing the size myself. Bit's of it still exist with the Islands in the centre of the Atlantic. Before the ice age, sea levels were more than 250 feet below sea level, 250 metres not sure which. So that accounts for a much larger area of land mass than what is appears now. Half of Atlantis was blown up by us in a nuclear fallout or total self destruction of ourselves. The rest of it sank to the bottom of the ocean. There is straight criss cross lines on the sea floor just a few hundred km west of western Sahara and is cleary evident on google maps. There is under sea cities of Cuba and Bahamas region which was the the coast of Atlantis. And pretty much all over the world near coastlines. 80percent of the ocean floor is still not known or investigated. Thats an insane realization of how little is known by us.

Atlantis wasn't the first, you had Lemuria before that, you had Antarctica and many other places that had ancient civilizations. Our plant goes through major cycles every few thousands years. We are at our peak again this time.

This is the test can we get past this. Atlanteans were at our level and higher even. They messed with nature and nature took them out in the end.

There is literally thousands of sites all over the net on Atlantis. Hundreds of thousands of people talk about it and knowledge has been passed on through the ages. The average Joe the scientiist, Joe the 9to5 man, and Joe the T.Vaholic wont know it because we are not taught about it in school. Infact we are deliberately brainwashed to be told story of Atlantis in legend type myth's to make it more stranger than truth. Our education systems keeps us ignorant of our true history and time and time again its been proved with history been constantly fabricated.

We are not the first, we are not the last, and we are NOT alone in this universe. Good god, it's like boards.e is just so stuck in 1997 or something. It's like people here are only coming to terms with getting over the x files and it's just odd to me that people here are not aware about Atlantis.

I've posted stuff on Atlantis all over facebook, and most people talk about it openly just like people talk about the Romans...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

but anyway, the OP yeah, how interconnected are the individual Family units over time

Interesting though some of the points have been...I tend to agree.

This discussion seems to be heading firmly away from Conspiracy Theory ground altogether, and the OP in particular.

Ireland, Western Britain, Basque and Western France was the refuge areas of the survivors of Atlantis. The ones who managed to keep the ancient knowledge and power are the people who (strangley enough on topic) have kept their bloodlines pure going right over to Egypt, Israel, and the ME. They have a lot of ancient knowledge that was only rediscovered by the Greeks, Romans and Egyptians.

Atlantean were unbelievable architects, astronomers, mathmaticians, Alchemlists (spelling) Occultists. I believe the Kabbalah and many ancient mysticism goes back to Atlantis.

The buildings you see in Rome, Athens, London, Washington, (even Dublin) Cairo and many other major cities have replica buildings that use to sit in Atlantis.

The bloodlines that rule the world, know all the secrets, knows about E.T life, knows about advanced technology, etc etc. People in modern todays society are only catching up to what was known back then. The stargate found in Iraq is just another example of what the elite are after and why this war all started in Iraq. We again are been told nonsense about whats going on. Like everything else the bloodlines that rule the world tell us. It's all done to keep us ignorant and paying taxes and never really question or understand what is actually going on our planet.

Infact Obama and the puppets largely know what I'm talking about and what I mentioned in this paragraph. If G.w.b Junior or Obama were asked about alien life or disclosure they would smile or grin away to themselves thinking god, "people are really naive" They know the truth, but are laughing at us behind closed doors as to how lost we appear.

The garden eden symbolize's, gates of heaven and it was slammed shot after Atlantis fell, because we have corrupted ourselves. Right now we are in that test again. The conflict you see around you today is part of that denial and inability to accept our past. The wars in the ME are not about oil, but goes back to the ancient history all the way back to the refuge of the Atlanteans and bloodlnes that ruled this part of the world after the 12,000 year clock.

We are here again, and it's slowly starting to come back to us. People are slowing realising just how much was kept from us and just how much knowledge is not known about our true history.

The Mayas knew all of what is happening, all of which i've just said and more. Egyptians and Mayas are the sons and daughter civilizations from Atlantis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Yes Mysterious we get it, where all stupid except for you. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should apply for the position of Messiah and lead us to the promised land?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Ireland, Western Britain, Basque and Western France was the refuge areas of the survivors of Atlantis. The ones who managed to keep the ancient knowledge and power are the people who (strangley enough on topic) have kept their bloodlines pure going right over to Egypt, Israel, and the ME. They have a lot of ancient knowledge that was only rediscovered by the Greeks, Romans and Egyptians.

And Freemasons, I suppose :rolleyes:

yeah, but the legend dosent say, it got a bit damp here and there, it says that the Island/City was submerged.

I've generaly considered Antartica as the best bet meself, Its covered with 'Water' and is fairly in the middle of the ocean.

then you have the Piri Rees map, which regrdless of its origins is still older than any modern knowledge of the coastline

I don't think that the Piri Reis map depicts antartica tbh. I think it is a continuation of S. America, it cenrtainly looks like it when you compare the actual coastline, with the bit thats supposed to be antartica.

Piri_Reis_map_interpretation.jpg

Although that map is a very accurate one for its time, remarkably so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Getting back to the eye colour thing, I dug this up..

Scientists find that blue-eyed individuals have a single, common ancestor

People with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor, according to new research.

A team of scientists has tracked down a genetic mutation that leads to blue eyes. The mutation occurred between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago, so before then, there were no blue eyes.

"Originally, we all had brown eyes," said Hans Eiberg from the Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine at the University of Copenhagen.

The mutation affected the so-called OCA2 gene, which is involved in the production of melanin, the pigment that gives color to our hair, eyes and skin.

"A genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a 'switch,' which literally 'turned off' the ability to produce brown eyes," Eiberg said.

The genetic switch is located in the gene adjacent to OCA2 and rather than completely turning off the gene, the switch limits its action, which reduces the production of melanin in the iris. In effect, the turned-down switch diluted brown eyes to blue.

If the OCA2 gene had been completely shut down, our hair, eyes and skin would be melanin-less, a condition known as albinism.

"It's exactly what I sort of expected to see from what we know about selection around this area," said John Hawks of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, referring to the study results regarding the OCA2 gene. Hawks was not involved in the current study.

Baby blues
    Eiberg and his team examined DNA from mitochondria, the cells' energy-making structures, of blue-eyed individuals in countries including Jordan, Denmark and Turkey. This genetic material comes from females, so it can trace maternal lineages.

They specifically looked at sequences of DNA on the OCA2 gene and the genetic mutation associated with turning down melanin production.

Over the course of several generations, segments of ancestral DNA get shuffled so that individuals have varying sequences. Some of these segments, however, that haven't been reshuffled are called haplotypes. If a group of individuals shares long haplotypes, that means the sequence arose relatively recently in our human ancestors. The DNA sequence didn't have enough time to get mixed up.

"What they were able to show is that the people who have blue eyes in Denmark, as far as Jordan, these people all have this same haplotype, they all have exactly the same gene changes that are all linked to this one mutation that makes eyes blue," Hawks said in a telephone interview.

Melanin switch
    The mutation is what regulates the OCA2 switch for melanin production. And depending on the amount of melanin in the iris, a person can end up with eye color ranging from brown to green. Brown-eyed individuals have considerable individual variation in the area of their DNA that controls melanin production. But they found that blue-eyed individuals only have a small degree of variation in the amount of melanin in their eyes.

"Out of 800 persons we have only found one person which didn't fit — but his eye color was blue with a single brown spot," Eiberg told LiveScience, referring to the finding that blue-eyed individuals all had the same sequence of DNA linked with melanin production.

"From this we can conclude that all blue-eyed individuals are linked to the same ancestor," Eiberg said. "They have all inherited the same switch at exactly the same spot in their DNA." Eiberg and his colleagues detailed their study in the Jan. 3 online edition of the journal Human Genetics.

That genetic switch somehow spread throughout Europe and now other parts of the world.

"The question really is, 'Why did we go from having nobody on Earth with blue eyes 10,000 years ago to having 20 or 40 percent of Europeans having blue eyes now?" Hawks said. "This gene does something good for people. It makes them have more kids."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Ok, just thought I would shed light on the 'homoeopathic' nature of gene relation, amongst cousins.

Assuming no mutation, every individual is exactly 1/2 their mother genes, and half their fathers. You also share the same relationship with your full siblings.

Your first cousins share 1/8 of your genes. Looking at B. Hussein Obamas relationship to Bush, they are tenth cousins, once removed.

Ignoring the once removed (which makes them even more unrelated), this is:

[latex] (^1/_8)^{10} = ^1/_{1,073,741,824} [/latex] or 0.0000000093% related.

Hmm. I can only imagine how large the denominators for royal "descendants" are.

Ergo, the relationships are meaningless. We are all related, to some degree.

Ok, just thought I would shed light on the 'homoeopathic' nature of gene relation, amongst cousins.

Assuming no mutation, every individual is exactly 1/2 their mother genes, and half their fathers. You also share the same relationship with your full siblings.

Your first cousins share 1/8 of your genes. Looking at B. Hussein Obamas relationship to Bush, they are tenth cousins, once removed.

Ignoring the once removed (which makes them even more unrelated), this is:

[latex] (^1/_8)^{10} = ^1/_{1,073,741,824} [/latex] or 0.0000000093% related.

Hmm. I can only imagine how large the denominators for royal "descendants" are.

Ergo, the relationships are meaningless. We are all related, to some degree.

True enough, and I agree, tenth cousins and even as low as fifth or sixth is statistically meaningless.

However, its not technically true to say that they are 0.0000000093% related. They are probably 99.99999999998% related (i.e, share that amount of genes in common)

Back to the "celtic" thing, does anyone notice a similarity between The Dying Gaul and the statue of Cuchulainn at the GPO. Not talking crazy links but is anyone aware the history of them.

737px-Dying_gaul.jpg

293px-Cuchulain_at_GPO.jpg

Getting back to the eye colour thing, I dug this up..

Ok, trying to get my head around it. Half of my family have brown eyes and half have blue eyes, does this just mean that at some point in time we have an ancestor that gave rise to this mutation but it only "switched" on the people with blue eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

yekahs wrote: »
    True enough, and I agree, tenth cousins and even as low as fifth or sixth is statistically meaningless.

However, its not technically true to say that they are 0.0000000093% related. They are probably 99.99999999998% related (i.e, share that amount of genes in common)

Hmm, you are being very ambiguous here. Of course I know that all humans are literally clones of one another, but I am merely expressing the statistical difference here. If you mean something else, flesh it out.

EDIT: A quote from page 91 of the Seflish Gene:
    First identify all the common ancestors of A and B. For instance, the common ancestors of a pair of first cousins are their shared grandfather and grandmother. Once you have found a common ancestor, it is of course logically true that all his ancestors are common to A and B as well. However, we ignore all but the most recent common ancestors. In this sense, first cousins have only two common ancestors. If B is a lineal descendant of A, for instance his great grandson, then A himself is the 'common ancestor' we are looking for.

Having located the common ancestor(s) of A and B, count the generation distance as follows. Starting at A, climb up the family tree until you hit a common ancestor, and then climb down again to B. The total number of steps up the tree and then down again is the generation distance. For instance, if A is B's uncle, the generation distance is 3. The common ancestor is A's father (say) and B's grandfather. Starting at A you have to climb up one generation in order to hit the common ancestor. Then to get down to B you have to descend two generations on the other side. Therefore the generation distance is 1 + 2 = 3.

Having found the generation distance between A and B via a particular common ancestor, calculate that part of their relatedness for which that ancestor is responsible. To do this, multiply 1/2 by itself once for each step of the generation distance. If the generation distance is 3, this means calculate 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2. If the generation distance via a particular ancestor is equal to g steps, the portion of relatedness due to that ancestor is (1/2)^g.

But this is only part of the relatedness between A and B. If they have more than one common ancestor we have to add on the equivalent figure for each ancestor. It is usually the case that the generation distance is the same for all common ancestors of a pair of individuals. Therefore, having worked out the relatedness between A and B due to any one of the ancestors, all you have to do in practice is to multiply by the number of ancestors. First cousins, for instance, have two common ancestors, and the generation distance via each one is 4. Therefore their relatedness is 2 x (1/2)^4 = 1/8.

Ok, two things I highlighted there. I am starting from both Bushs and Obamas "common ancestor", no one before that. Secondly, my calculation is therefore appropriate. So, both interpretations are correct, depending on where you set the marker, I guess?

Hmm, you are being very ambiguous here. Of course I know that all humans are literally clones of one another, but I am merely expressing the statistical difference here. If you mean something else, flesh it out.

EDIT: A quote from page 91 of the Seflish Gene:

Ok, two things I highlighted there. I am starting from both Bushs and Obamas "common ancestor", no one before that. Secondly, my calculation is therefore appropriate. So, both interpretations are correct, depending on where you set the marker, I guess?

Yeah, both right, but your's is more accurate for discussing the topic at hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Atlantis was about 800,000 km smack in the middle of the Atlantic. many other places that had ancient civilizations. Our plant goes through major cycles every few thousands years. We are at our peak again this time.

Ignoring the obvious 800,000km "smack in the middle" paradox for a moment. The Atlantic ocean is in fact 6,400 km wide at it's widest point and if the earth is roughly 20,000 km from pole to pole, according to my calculations that would make Atlantis somewhere in the Dundalk area no?

Notice too that the poster says we go through major cycles every few thousand years and say's we are at the peak. Yet doesn't say what these cycles actually are, cycles of what? And doesn't seem to know which cycle we are at a peak of.

Advertisement