Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Some help, Santa ponsa Bar work anybody??

Options
  • 19-04-2010 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Wats up,
    Im planning on going to Santa ponsa May to work ina
    bar for the summer. I was looking there and cant find anything
    on apartment to rent or that.

Can People let me know anything atol,

wages,
    Renting,
    Good bars to work,
    best way of going about it.

Everything will be a help
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnnyrapid

I am thinking of heading over at some stage in june, just gonna wing it and get accomm n look for a job when i get there. have u had any luck finding anything? doesnt seem to be too much on the internet about working there

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Worked there for two years - Would you not go somewhere nicer (santa p is a bit run down to say the least & not how it used to be back in the early 90's)

Anyway advise on getting a job - You'd really want to be going over there now as most of the jobs are filled already from the previous year or by eager job seekers who are already there....There used to be a lot of competition for jobs.

I worked for Diceys and the Shamrock bar which I've no doubts were the best places to work - busy every night and you'll meet a **** load of people.

Money? Think I was on 30 for Pr'ing the first year and 40 or so for barwork the second year but they gave you free accom when i was there (along with free drink shhhh)

Just get a flight over and stay in a holiday resort for a couple of weeks - Constantly go into the same bars asking them if anythings going but most importantly make sure you give them a good impression of yourself as they only take on people they think they'll have good craic working with which is fair enough.

Cant stress that you should be there already or at least making contacts with Bar owners.

Shamrockbarsantaponsa have a website - email them and I'm pretty sure the owner would get back to you

Other bars - The dubliner, O'Connors, Greenhills, kitty o sheas, Durty Nellys (good bar beside the shamrock)

Advertisement