Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a man...

Options
  • 19-04-2010 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

OK: we have here about a dozen fallen trees in the neglected woodland with the cottage.. And many branches that need cutting..

I can carry and stack, but have bad arthritis in shoulders and arms and cannot use a chainsaw or ordinary saw.

They are slim trunks, so it is just the chainsaw as they will not need splitting

We have tried and tried to get someone in for even a couple of hours; if it didn't cost too much we "could" manage that.

Given that it is colder up here in winter, it would be a huge blessing to have the wood cut and stacked...It is just lying around getting in the way now..

It has to be a weekday, morning or early afternoon also..

Please worry not if this is not possible; we work on the assumption that if you don't ask, you don't get!!!

Blessings and thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Well, after 130 hits...

All we can think is that there isn't a man in Ireland who knows how to cut wood any more...

:(:eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

maybe none in Donegal!! I would do it, but i'm in Dublin :)
    I'm sure you will find someone to do it...........how long do you reckon it 'wood' take??? (sorry)
    And how much are you offering??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Does the person get to take the wood away or would they be cutting it for you to keep?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Have faith Grace, have faith :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Antoennis

Graces7 wrote: »
    OK: we have here about a dozen fallen trees in the neglected woodland with the cottage.. And many branches that need cutting..

I can carry and stack, but have bad arthritis in shoulders and arms and cannot use a chainsaw or ordinary saw.

They are slim trunks, so it is just the chainsaw as they will not need splitting

We have tried and tried to get someone in for even a couple of hours; if it didn't cost too much we "could" manage that.

Given that it is colder up here in winter, it would be a huge blessing to have the wood cut and stacked...It is just lying around getting in the way now..

Please worry not if this is not possible; we work on the assumption that if you don't ask, you don't get!!!

Blessings and thanks

Where in Donegal are you? Its a big place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

well i would but your time restrictions count me out, sorry

:)

Well, that got your attention!!! lol!!

Sorry; we need the wood up here... no central heating and above the snow line.. Nice try! All but froze to death last winter..

I am bidden have faith so that is what I shall do!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

Hi all just after stumbling on this site ,do you still need this job done,i have my own saws insurance it makes me :mad: that no one can help you out,where in the blue stakes are you i use to do the power lines so i know the area fairly well.hope you got it sorted if not i will take a day off work and help you out for a day ,sorry about the spelling aint my strongest point. sorry i didnt see it sooner we can get a time and date sorted at a later stage for i have to work around my other half thanks

.17hmr

PM sent to .17hmr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Never judge the silence as bad but listen to what can't be heard and see the ripples spread.

Note to self.
    Jeeeez. Watching way to much of David Caradine in Kung Fu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

"I have three treasures which I hold and keep. The first is mercy, for from mercy comes courage. The second is frugality, from which comes generosity to others. The third is humility, for from it comes leadership." - Master Po

"Strange treasures. How shall I hold them and keep them? Memory?" - Caine

"No, Grasshopper, not in memory, but in your deeds." - Master Po

Now look what you started! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

Blessings and thanks
    I have just come upon your post and i can also do that job for you no problem if you wish, if no one else can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

muffler wrote: »
    PM sent to .17hmr

Curious as to why.. A) you PM'd them, and B) why you chose to tell us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

All shall be revealed in time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Oooh, the intrigue...

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Can't wait to see how this story grows and where it will branch off to.

;)

Pique wrote: »
    Curious as to why.. A) you PM'd them, and B) why you chose to tell us ?
    Can you post up a pic of yourself first and we can take it from there ;)

Seen that post Grace and the answer is yes - a hatchet :D

Seen that post Grace and the answer is yes - a hatchet :D

lol

Deleted it as it seemed too frivolous!!

Gee you were fast!

• Advertisement

Your prayers shall be answered tomorrow evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

smashey wrote: »
    Oooh, the in-tree-gue...

FYP. (Sorry, I couldn't resist it :o)

FYP. (Sorry, I couldn't resist it :o)

There be no mad monkeys in my trees..... How did he get in here...

There be no mad monkeys in my trees..... How did he get in here...
    He's certainly not there this morning :D

He's certainly not there this morning :D

Probably crashed to earth when we yelled ,"TIMBER!' and then was eaten by my dogs..;)

No wonder they aren't hungry this morning; they like fresh meat..

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Bumping a very old thread I know , I think people should take a look at what "graces7" thinks of us all here in Donegal.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057328629/20

In particular this phrase, when talking about Donegal people.

"There was just no real kindness etc"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If she didn't spend so much time on Boards maybe she would have met more people, anyway she's gone to Kerry now to get as far away from us as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Dilly.

The hypocrisy of some people to be labelling others horrid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

IP freely wrote: »
    Bumping a very old thread I know , I think people should take a look at what "graces7" thinks of us all here in Donegal.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057328629/20

In particular this phrase, when talking about Donegal people.

"There was just no real kindness etc"
    If she didn't spend so much time on Boards maybe she would have met more people, anyway she's gone to Kerry now to get as far away from us as possible.

Yer welcome to have her back any time. We have enough of our own eejits giving us a bad name besides blow ins helping.

• Advertisement
Advertisement