Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded X-Box Hanging

Options
  • 19-04-2010 9:19am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I have a 1st gen X-Box from 2003 which is running an executer chip and is modded to run XBMC, the last time I updated XBMC was over 12 months ago.

Anyway for the last few months when I go to browse a network drive it would sometimes scroll fine and other times keep hanging as I reached each item in the folder I was browsing.

So now its hanging within seconds of loading XBMC and sometimes its hanging on the dashboad screen.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

my guess would be the hard drive fault. Try to reseat the power plug, it helped on my mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Or try clearing your cache's (x,y,z and there is one in what ever partition xbmc is on)

Also try deleting your userdata (hold down the right stick when booting up the xbox)

Advertisement