Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Estate Agent - Tallaght area

Options
  • 19-04-2010 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can give a positive recommendation for an estate agent in the Tallaght area? Contemplating selling our house, but would really appreciate a quality service - someone to hold our hand through the process!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

http://www.justinkinsella.com/

I went with this guy to sell my place. Was amongst the cheapest in the area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

try selling it yourself op and keep the commission.

price it to sell, and stick an add up on myhome and daft.

the only thing that will make a house sell at the moment, is a compeditive price.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭montac

Thanks Warrenaldo & Ellejay
    I'm not sure if we're prepared to embark on selling the house ourselves. I reckon the plan is to have a number of estate agents call around, give us an idea of value, and to tell us what they'd do...likelihood of sale...timeline..etc. If the estate agents aren't inspirational it may be time to think about selling it ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

therein lies the problem in my opinion!
    they'll all tell you what you want to hear, not what you should hear.

what do you mean by inspirational op?
    all they do is stick a sign up in your garden, and put an add up on the two main websites.
    then they wait for buyers to contact them.

oh, they might say "suitable for first time buyers or investers alike" or "in show house condition" or "viewing is a must"

- like prospective buyers are going to be swayed by that?!!!
    only one thing that moves a prospective buyer, that is price price price.

so if you're hoping to sell at 250,000 (for example) and the comission is approx 1.5% that's 3750, plus their expenses you'll save.

expenses for putting adds up on websites and takign a few pictures? hilarious!

why on earth people don't sell their own homes, I'll never know.

as one poster previously wrote, every word that comes out of their mouth's are lie's, when their mouth's aren't moving they're thinking of next lie.

anyway, best of luck selling your house, love hear back how you get on choosing the estate agents

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭montac

ellejay wrote: »
    therein lies the problem in my opinion!
    they'll all tell you what you want to hear, not what you should hear.

what do you mean by inspirational op?
    all they do is stick a sign up in your garden, and put an add up on the two main websites.
    then they wait for buyers to contact them.

oh, they might say "suitable for first time buyers or investers alike" or "in show house condition" or "viewing is a must"

- like prospective buyers are going to be swayed by that?!!!
    only one thing that moves a prospective buyer, that is price price price.

so if you're hoping to sell at 250,000 (for example) and the comission is approx 1.5% that's 3750, plus their expenses you'll save.

expenses for putting adds up on websites and takign a few pictures? hilarious!

why on earth people don't sell their own homes, I'll never know.

as one poster previously wrote, every word that comes out of their mouth's are lie's, when their mouth's aren't moving they're thinking of next lie.

anyway, best of luck selling your house, love hear back how you get on choosing the estate agents

Well, I've been lucky enough to sell a house in the past after going through a few estate agents. It became quite clear, very quickly, which estate agent was able to follow through on their sales talk.
    I take on board what you're saying about the lies etc though, and will certainly contemplate selling off our own bat if not impressed with the estate agents.
    I'll keep you posted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 GeorgeYoung

I had Tom Maher & Castle Estate Agents out to my house to do a Valuation and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed by either, Tom Mahers arrived 40 mins late and wouldn't return my calls for 2 days prior to appointment and the guy in Castle must have been new to the business as he seemed to contradict himself a lot.
    In the end I decided to go with Ray Cooke Auctioneers, the guy I dealt was quite professional in his approach and from my experience worked hard to get me the best price, Simon was his name i think. He did everything he said he would do and I was impressed. Now living in the Sunny South-East with the cash in the paw ;) Thats my tuppence worth on the Tallaght estate agents anyway, hope its some help

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paulacooley

Hi George,
    I agree. I had castle and Lowe out to my house in Homelawns and found them to be terrible. The property sat for 7 months with Lowe and not so much as a phone call from them.
    I then moved to Ray Cooke Auctioneers in Tallaght and found them to be excellent. Simon handled it too and he had a viewing in the first week. He called me every second friday or so with an update too and got it sold in 3 and a half months at only 11k below the giude.
    I was very happy to be honest, Nice fella.
    I'm now down in Skull in Co.Cork away from the rat race!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I didn't have a great experience with Tom Maher, he tried renegotiating my fee, which I found astounding. On the other hand, there's a place around the corner that he put up for sale and it sold within 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Have to say I found Tom Maher the best of a bad lot-though this was 2007 when he sold the house for us so not sure what he's like in tough times
    HTH
    Lyn256

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cquinnie

Wow this Simon guy sounds amazing, two first time posters full of praise!

Just sell it yourself, don't waste money on an estate agent.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement