Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas BBQ

Options
  • 19-04-2010 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Any recommendations - have €300 to spend!

Online, brick & motar shop, etc.

Any help welcomed!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

IMO - really worth pushing the boat out to get a decent one. We got a Weber over 2 years ago and it looks & works as good as the day we got it. And we use it all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭mjth2004

Can you recommend one from the weber range?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭coffee to go

You could always go this route:

http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_12685.htm

And spend the rest on meat!

That said, we have a gas-starting charcoal Weber, and they really are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I have a Weber Q300. Great BBQ's. Got mine in Clearys.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭mjth2004

Looks like i'm now the owner of a Weber Spirit E210! Roll on the weekend - good or bad weather i'll be BBQ-ing!

• Advertisement

mjth2004 wrote: »
    Looks like i'm now the owner of a Weber Spirit E210! Roll on the weekend - good or bad weather i'll be BBQ-ing!

I think that's the one we have. It's really fabulous - I BBQed a spatchcocked chicken last week. No hassle, didn't burn, cooked evenly and it was DEEELLISHHIOUS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnAG

hey,

I'm looking into getting a gas bbq as well. However i have a problem, I live in a terraced house which has a tiny garden (equated to maybe a large balcony in an apartment). If i get a gas bbq would the smoke from it be less than a charcoal bbq, and if so would it annoy the neigbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

johnAG wrote: »
    hey,

I'm looking into getting a gas bbq as well. However i have a problem, I live in a terraced house which has a tiny garden (equated to maybe a large balcony in an apartment). If i get a gas bbq would the smoke from it be less than a charcoal bbq, and if so would it annoy the neigbours?

The smoke is definitely less from a gas bbq but there is still a bbq smell.
    Is it any more than from an extractor ? I don't know! And I'm not your neighbour!

We bought a cheapish one (Landman) couple of years ago and it still works fine but the heat is pretty uneven on it. I've learned to work around this to get good results but I think the key is the number of burners (I also don't go for side hob burners - I use my kitchen hob), a lid is a must, IMO

johnAG wrote: »
    hey,

Depends what you're cooking on it. If there is a load of fat dripping, it WILL get smoky.

Advertisement