Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl 6 way Electrical extension multisocket with switch

Options
  • 19-04-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Switched 6 way multisocket extension lead for 3.49

(would cost at least €15 elsewhere : Cheaper than fish and chips)

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20100419.p.Multi_Socket_Extension_Lead

Single switch only, not individual but for that price.
    Ideal for computer stuff or behind the TV allowing you switch everything off when you cant reach the wall socket switch.

As it is a 6 way take sensible precautions not to overload.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

another thing i need at the moment, cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

How can it overload? By using all sockets at once?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Bob Z wrote: »
    How can it overload? By using all sockets at once?
    If you load it with 6 power hungry devices. Its not usually an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Daibheid

The 13amp fuse in the plug will protect against overloading

I sent them an email about this. 2 weeks ago they had another multi socket extension for €7.99 which I purchased. Now today they have basically the same thing for half price! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I sent them an email about this. 2 weeks ago they had another multi socket extension for €7.99 which I purchased. Now today they have basically the same thing for half price! :mad:

yeah, its a special offer - they have them every week. I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting a cheque for €4.50 in the post...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Yeah I was going to get one of those but they were a bit awkward looking with the wraparound housing, held off a few days then saw this in the weekly flyer. :D

As for electric overloading, stick a couple of heavy things on there and you'll soon find out if a single 13 amp fuse is sufficient to stop a cheap extension cable from going in to meltdown.
    12 amps continous will generate a fair bit of heat in the plug so I wouldnt recommend testing it to the limits.

Wouldn't stick a washing machine, tumble dryer, toaster, kettle, TV and heater on it at the same time. :eek:

Half a dozen various small chargers/power supplies should be fine

loyatemu wrote: »
    yeah, its a special offer - they have them every week. I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting a cheque for €4.50 in the post...
    €4.50? Pffft I want a lifetime's free shopping and an apology written in the CEO's blood!! :D

Advertisement