Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itchy Tattoo

• 19-04-2010 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi Lads and Gals,

I got a fairly large tattoo on my upper arm about three years ago but i have noticed that during warm spells the tattoo will become raised and itchy. Anybody any idea what is going on?

The itch is unreal!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sounds like a reaction to the ink.Have you got any red in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I get the same too sometimes, it rises a bit and get a little itchy for a day or so.
    99% of the time it's fine though. Had it years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Cheers lads,

Na i dont have any red in it only black and grey. I think its something to do with the warm weather. Could the ink expand when it gets warm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Its a foreign material under your skin, some peoples bodies react differently or more radically than others. Its nothing unheard of, and really nothing to get concerned over, just something youll have to live with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I get that on my arm one aswell. I just splash water on it or scratch the fook outta it to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Light slaps generally do a better job than scratching it, and you run less risk of damaging the tattoo (particularly when they are initially healing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

i have a similar problem but it only happens when i scratch my tattoo, my leg starts killing me after i do it, but it only happens one of me tattoos its weird ha

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nube dube

dark tatts need a bit more attention, just put a dollop of sun cream on 1st, should solve the itching for u. all tatts need extra care in the sun, learned the hard way!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

sun cream makes tatts all shiney and pretty:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I have that issue on holidays too, just make sure the areas where your tatts are located are nice and moisturized ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I don't think anything is wrong with your tattoo, considering you have it for several years and are only finding some very minor problems with it now. But perhaps the tattooist over worked parts of the tattoo, resulting in some undesired tissue scarring.

Advertisement