Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Out of country for 1 month - Tax q

• 19-04-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Will be out of the country for 1 month this year for work purposes and my cars off the road-I read here that its possible to get a refund for tax for certain purposes , but does this only apply when it's more than one months absence, or if i've already paid my tax.

Let's say for example, I'm due to go away from August to Sept, and my tax is up for renewal at the 31st of July, so do I get this signed and get my tax when I come back (minus the month of august) or will they simply not entertain this?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

nope, that's on the money CM

It's handy that the month away coincides with the car tax expiring :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

RoverJames wrote: »

Yea what would be the circumstances if it wasn't, say you were going away from May to Jun instead?
    So ridiculous that the tax is from the start of the month. Bought a second hand car on 1st April and havne't used it until yesterday as was away on holiday and had to wait for the log book also to tax it. Anyway tax it this morning for 3 months and it's only valid until end of Jun instead of 19th Jun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

RoverJames wrote: »

Yeah - I tax only for 3 months at a time.

Actually, it's not exactly coinciding in my case, i'm leaving a week into the month, so I'll be getting dropped to work for the first week but the car will stay at home for the whole month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement