Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Time Job Melb

Options
  • 19-04-2010 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Ooooops! I just accepted a full time permanent position on a working holiday visa..... my boss doesnt seem to get the whole system..

whats gona happen in 6 months time?? does the tax people come a knockin or is it up to me to leave the job given the 6mnt only rule?

i know its a bit off yet but please shed a bit o light if you can....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Did the same meself, its up to you to leave the job after six months... thats all ill say...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Your employer is just as responsible as you are to abide by the condition, there are big fines in place for employers.

See if you are eligible for a 457 visa: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol i just accepted a 4 month contract with 3 motnhs left on my 2nd WHV!
    tho they did say they'd discuss sponsorship after 6 weeks.

I reckon you should stay there the 6 months but after about 4 months start trying to find out about sponsorship with them. by then ya'll be all trained up and the cheaper option will be sponsorship! sneaky i know, but meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

The_B_Man wrote: »

I reckon you should stay there the 6 months but after about 4 months start trying to find out about sponsorship with them. by then ya'll be all trained up and the cheaper option will be sponsorship! sneaky i know, but meh...

That's what I did :D

Advertisement