Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Puncture - new tyre or patch up?

• 19-04-2010 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Just curious, if you notice a puncture at home (on your commuter) do people immediately just replace the tyre or break out the basin of water and puncture repair kit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

puncture repair kit!! all the way its quick and easy once u have done it a few times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

having had a bad few weeks with punctures (see this thread) I fix all punctures. for some reason I got most on the way into work so fixed them at work so I would have a replacement if I got a puncture on the way home.

got a shock last week when I ordered some patches from CRC accidently ordered the 10 pack for €13.66 (€1.36/ patch) instead of the 100 pack for €34.18 (34cent/patch).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

thats alot of punctures, maybe a new tube??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

On the road swap tube, but have a repair kit too, I've had those days :(

then wait till you have a few to do or spare time and fix them together

and chalk dust is vital, though I've used road dust many times in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

ipodrocker wrote: »
    thats alot of punctures, maybe a new tube??

As far as I am aware patches shouldn't make the tube more puncture prone. Will change my tyres as soon as they arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

and a lot of glue / vulcanising solution. Where / what solution do you use for a 100 patch set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

break out the basin of water and puncture repair kit?

I wouldn't bother with a basin of water, if the room is quiet enough you can generally here even the tiniest of punctures. I put 4 patches on a road tube then throw it out. I don't know why I set four as the limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I once fixed a bike for a guy, he had an old high nellie type commuter and on the back tube he had 13 patches with some of them overlapping. I told him at that stage the tube had served him well and it was time to change it.

Advertisement