Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update on baby rabbits :)

Options
  • 19-04-2010 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

The babies are 10 days old now and have their eyes open. I always find that the best part of baby animals :D

They're fat and healthy looking. Though I'm a bit worried about one because it's smaller. The two double maned ones are both smaller, but one especially. It still seems fine so hopefully it will be ok. I wish I knew which were male or female already! And I can't wait til they're old enough to go out in the run with their mother. I don't want to put her out without them in case she gets stressed at being seperated, or in case they need feeding, but I feel bad about her being cooped up for weeks.

bb3.jpg

bb4.jpg

bb2.jpg

And here's Bella looking in at them! :)

bb5.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

leonn.jpg

And their dad out on the grass.

Sorry about all the photos, I'm sure nobody cares what they look like every few days except for me :D

Oh and btw, in the photos that isn't where the babies sleep. I took them out of their nest box so I could clean it and put them in the other other part of the top of the hutch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Awwww, Thanks for the pics, makes me wish we could have smallies.
    I grew up with Guinea pigs, Netherland dwarf rabbits and rats and gerbils. I miss them and daughter would love them but not doable at the moment.....one day though:D

I have guinea pigs, I really want Netherland Dwarfs, and I really want gerbils too :D I saw a really cute rat in a petshop the other day too, and now I want rats! But I have to wait til I move out to buy anything with long tails, since my mother hates them!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bearpup

SOOO CUTE! :D

• Advertisement

Thanks, they're getting cute now they've hair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Thanks for posting the photos, they are just adorable. I would love to have a couple of bunnies around the place,but the gardener I live with has banned the mention of rabbits!!

So, just have to make do with looking at gorgeous photos, going into petshops is too distressing!

morganafay wrote: »
    Thanks, they're getting cute now they've hair :D

You mean they were bald?? post more pix please! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Aww they are looking even cuter now!

Love the dog too :D

Yep they were bald. I made a post when they were born, it's probably a couple of pages back now. Here's a pic of them less than a day old.

bunnies.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Hermit07

morganafay wrote: »
    I have guinea pigs, I really want Netherland Dwarfs, and I really want gerbils too :D I saw a really cute rat in a petshop the other day too, and now I want rats! But I have to wait til I move out to buy anything with long tails, since my mother hates them!

I had Netherland Dwarfs (the pitbulls of the rabbit world) They were little terrors, even the dogs were wary of them...:D Very Cute though

Thanks for your lovely pics:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Even though I'm extremely jealous, thanks for the pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Hermit07 wrote: »
    I had Netherland Dwarfs (the pitbulls of the rabbit world) They were little terrors, even the dogs were wary of them...:D Very Cute though

Thanks for your lovely pics:p

Funny you should say that, ours used to chase our dog(cocker spaniel) around, I put it down to him being a wimp:P
    They were fun and very smart, my youngest brother used to make jumps for them from toilet rolls and bits of paper and they loved to wreak them:D
    He never did get the show jumping bunnies he wanted, just a mad fury demolition crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Great pics keep them coming

Awwwwww I just want to take them home & mind them! they are soooo cute!

Haha, show jumping rabbits :D I've heard of people doing rabbit agility courses!

They're lovely, I'm so happy to have baby animals around again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

They're faaaaab!! Love the one of the dog looking in at them. I think Cavs have a natural fondness for buns, here are my two housemates:

385554988.jpg

They're so cute :) My Cavs love the buns, they just want to give them kisses. :D The rabbits love the dogs too

Advertisement