Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collopy brothers charged over threat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Is the fellow they threatened to kill the same Willie Moran mentioned here?

His name is mentioned in the Indo today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Must have been a spat with the former chums ,maybe Mr moran will get his comupence sometime or other.

If convicted, the Collopys could get a long sentence over this. Didn't Wayne Dundon get 7 years for something similar?

Wonder if the trial will go ahead in Limerick with a jury or go before the Special Criminal Court?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

mike kelly wrote: »
    Wonder if the trial will go ahead in Limerick with a jury or go before the Special Criminal Court?

I wonder if the witness will get a bout of amnesia.

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Well, Willie Moran seems to be a fairly hard man himself so if the trial does go ahead it could be very interesting. Was it his son the fellow who killed Jonathan Edwards in 2001?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Or go to Spain just before the court date.

Well, Willie Moran seems to be a fairly hard man himself so if the trial does go ahead it could be very interesting. Was it his son the fellow who killed Jonathan Edwards in 2001?

Yes it was , and his father was also present, during the attack , but however they got off on "self -defense". go figure

Jigga wrote: »
    i have no symapthy for Jonathan Edwards, wasn't it his fault Liam keane killed Eric leamy :mad:. F uck him.

f*ck a dead man who had no part in any feud , jonathon was no angel but he was harmless, and as for it being his fault get a grip on yourself.
    obviously you dont know what happened that night.

Shammy wrote: »
    f*ck a dead man who had no part in any feud , jonathon was no angel but he was harmless, and as for it being his fault get a grip on yourself.

I think only the people who were there know what really happened. Crazy how an argument over a dog could escalate like that.

I think only the people who were there know what really happened. Crazy how an argument over a dog could escalate like that.

Crazy yes , but unfortunatley 2 men lost their lives over something stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Did he not get into an argument for kicking a dog and then had to call down his buddy liam keane to fight for him? I had deleted my earlier comment as it was a bit harsh but you were obviously too quick for me

Jigga wrote: »
    Did he not get into an argument for kicking a dog and then had to call down his buddy liam keane to fight for him? I had deleted my earlier comment as it was a bit harsh but you were obviously too quick for me

Harsh is an understatement , his"buddy" as you call him was already with him . Then allegedly there was a comment made about ones father , where one allegedly went away to retrieve a weapon and then returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Harsh is an understatement , his"buddy" as you call him was already with him . Then allegedly there was a comment made about ones father , where one allegedly went away to retrieve a weapon and then returned.
    Jonathan and liam were good friends weren't they? Sorry for the earlier comment as it was posted in haste and i agree with you that its very sad that 2 young men are dead over something so petty.

getting back on topic Its well known about Willie moran's singing abilities. No surprise that the Collopys fell out with him

Advertisement