Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airtricity 11 vs Man. Utd - **MOD NOTE POST 457**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I bet every player there tonight is delighted to play against Man Utd and i know one player who was very dissapointed not to be picked in the squad.

Why do you keep on trumpeting what the players want as a valid reason?

Does that mean that Wayne Rooney should be the one to decide if he wants to play in an meaningless overseas, friendly (with no financial imperative for untied) four days before a top of the table clash with Liverpool, instead of Alex Ferguson or United?
    So Shamrock Rvrs shouldn't have played agaisnt Real Madrid last year, Bohs shouldn't have played Villa and beaten them, Sligo shouldn't be playing Everton next week in case the players get injured??

Those games are unfortunately of major financial importance to Irish clubs and cannot be avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

eightyfish wrote: »

Manchester United (squad)-- Kuszczak, Amos, R Da Silva, F Da Silva, Vidic, Smalling, Evans, O'Shea, Carrick, Fletcher, Gibson, Nani, Park, Valencia, Berbatov, Owen, Rooney, Hernandez.

are you sure thats the United squad? no young players is puzzling, i assume united have a contract to bring their senior team.
    pretty strong United side there, for all of those who said this would be a reserve team out.

surprised to see Owen in the squad, i though he was still on a fitness program. and also, disappointed clevery and Kiko are not playing.

missing -

van der sar - rested
    scholes - rested
    giggs - rested
    Macheda - rested
    Cleverly - rested
    Evra - ??
    Browne - ??
    Diouf - rested
    Welbeck -rested
    CRTL Alt - rested

Rio - injured
    Anderson - injured
    Neville - injured
    Obertan - injured
    Hargraves - injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

stovelid wrote: »
    Can you fit 30-60k punters in there?

Would they beat Juve or Madrid?

I THINK NOT.

Next.

Real Unión's stadium has the same capacity as Terryland Park and they beat Real Madrid in 2008/09. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

You cannot seriously be comparing pre-season and international week matches with additional shoehorned ones mid-week, mid-season.

Eh last week wasnt a international nor pre-season in which Bohs beat Villa also last year with the Rovers Madrid tie, so im not comparing what you stated above, you just have no answer to your meaningless point i quoted on my last post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Its the same squad thats listed on Manutd.com as having traveled, or traveling right now.

Eh last week wasnt a international nor pre-season in which Bohs beat Villa also last year with the Rovers Madrid tie, so im not comparing what you stated above, you just have no answer to your meaningless point i quoted on my last post

Cash-generating friendlies, organized by the clubs out of financial necessity.

Is that clear now?

Why do you keep on trumpeting what the players want as a valid reason?

Does that mean that Wayne Rooney should be the one to decide if he wants to play in an meaningless overseas, friendly (with no financial imperative for untied) four days before a top of the table clash with Liverpool, instead of Alex Ferguson or United?

Those games are unfortunately of major financial importance to Irish clubs and cannot be avoided.

Well my point is that it is for the good of the league in general rather than not having the matches.
    Well United are a small bit different in the money stakes(even though the seem stuck for money lately) who said the players decide?? i didnt but they are glad they are getting to play against united thats my point, i cant see what your point is tbh.

Your last point is exactly why i cant see why people are complaining surely the money from this match where ever it goes, is much needed and appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

are you sure thats the United squad? no young players is puzzling, i assume united have a contract to bring their senior team.
    pretty strong United side there, for all of those who said this would be a reserve team out.

surprised to see Owen in the squad, i though he was still on a fitness program. and also, disappointed clevery and Kiko are not playing.

missing -

van der sar - rested
    scholes - rested
    giggs - rested
    Macheda - rested
    Cleverly - rested
    Evra - ??
    Browne - ??
    Diouf - rested
    Welbeck -rested
    CRTL Alt - rested

Rio - injured
    Anderson - injured
    Neville - injured
    Obertan - injured
    Hargraves - injured

thats the squad according to ManUtd.com

Shame that Scholes and Giggs are coming over, very disappointing. Suppose they are being kept fresh for the community shield at the weekend though.

Cash-generating friendlies, organized by the clubs out of financial necessity.

Is that clear now?

Sorry but i know that, when did i say that wasnt the case????
    in other words why are you telling me this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

What's your boss like, as a matter of interest? If he was a vindicative type, and you were a contractor that relied on him every year to approve your work license - a work license that you often had trouble fulfilling the conditions of - and you also relied on him for permission for many other activities vital to the financial health of your business and he asked you to do him a once-off favour to get him out of a deep hole, would you tell him to fuck off?

you could tell him you were sick though

are you trying to say that if bohs told the FAI paddy madden was injured and couldnt play, that the fai wouldnt give them a license next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

are you sure thats the United squad

According to the Indo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Your last point is exactly why i cant see why people are complaining surely the money from this match where ever it goes, is much needed and appreciated.

It goes to United and the builders of New Landsdowne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

All I care about for tonight is no injuries. Everything else is just irrelevant.

bohsman wrote: »
    It goes to United and the builders of New Landsdowne.

Bout time they got payed too its some stadium fair play to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Just been given 2 tickets for this tonight :) Can't wait to go.

Hopefully the league XI give a good account of themselves, and play some nice attacking footy.

Should be an interesting encounter.

• Advertisement

Bout time they got payed too its some stadium fair play to them

pitty about the stupid design of the metal supports (can't believe they messed that up, not need for it in this day and age)

pitty about the stupid design of the metal supports (can't believe they messed that up, not need for it in this day and age)

that the big load of metal going all around the underside of the roof, yeah it takes away a bit from the stadium, had to be done i suppose maybe its because of the curving shape of it

that the big load of metal going all around the underside of the roof, yeah it takes away a bit from the stadium, had to be done i suppose maybe its because of the curving shape of it

It is not simply that it 'takes away from it', in certain seats it blocks your view. From certain seats it is not possible to see the TV screen (for TMO in Rugby) from certain seats you can not see the top of the rugby posts. Might not be all steel support issues, some might be angle of the stand itself. Was talking to people who were at the rugby at the weekend and they were the problems they had. No excuse for poor sightlines imo.

It is not simply that it 'takes away from it', in certain seats it blocks your view. From certain seats it is not possible to see the TV screen (for TMO in Rugby) from certain seats you can not see the top of the rugby posts. Might not be all steel support issues, some might be angle of the stand itself. Was talking to people who were at the rugby at the weekend and they were the problems they had. No excuse for poor sightlines imo.

I'm not sure where my tickets are for - but I'll post my findings on the subject when I get home later.

Yeah there has been rumblings about sightlines during the rugby, but the were mainly to do with the TV locations I believe.

Rugby actually have a bigger concern in that the north stand actually blends the rugby posts in so the officials had a hard time judging if kicks were going over.

I was there at the weekend and had no trouble from my spot. In regards the ball being in the air you have to be at the very very upper rows to have that problem, and the ball has to be a good bit up. I'm talking the last two / three rows.

It won't be a problem for soccer though. I'd say even goal kicks will be visible.

• Advertisement

in other words why are you telling me this?

event wrote: »
    you could tell him you were sick though

:D

In fairness, them kind of sick notes are easy enough to suss. Especially 5-6 players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

The lads that are going do us a favour and take a couple of pics and post them up afterwards.

Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Shows the idiocy of shoe-horning in a modern stadium in that space. I've said it a million times, they should have sold the land when it was worth crazy money and built a bigger, better stadium elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

thats the squad according to ManUtd.com

Shame that Scholes and Giggs are coming over, very disappointing. Suppose they are being kept fresh for the community shield at the weekend though.

Especially when they've been playing a radio ad all morning with Scholes doing a voice over saying "See me play at the Aviva!":pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,846 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The squads
    Airtricity League XI - Rogers, Shelley, Powell, Peers, Oman, Guy, Keegan, Williams, Ndo, Brennan, Madden

Manchester United - Kuszczak, Amos, R Da Silva, F Da Silva, Vidic, Smalling, Evans, O'Shea, Carrick, Fletcher, Gibson, Nani, Park, Valencia, Berbatov, Owen, Rooney, Hernandez

Sorry if already posted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Anybody on here know what the chances of getting tickets for the match outside the stadium are?

I rang Carrolls and the said they are sold out, is that just their allocation or will there be more available at the fround as per the fai site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,846 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Out of curiousity how much were the match tickets?

VW 1 wrote: »
    Anybody on here know what the chances of getting tickets for the match outside the stadium are?

I rang Carrolls and the said they are sold out, is that just their allocation or will there be more available at the fround as per the fai site?
    Tickets will also be available on Tuesday August 3 from the reception at Aviva Stadium (12pm to 5 pm) and on Wednesday August 4 (match day) from 9am to 5pm.
    After 5pm on match day, tickets will be available at various locations around the Aviva Stadium, including Lansdowne Road and Shelbourne Rd.

from the fai site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

45 or 60. I'd say you'd have no trouble getting them outside the stadium, and if you drive them down, I can't see why if you're willing to take a bit of a risk, touts won't have tickets leftover at the end.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Airtricity League XI: Rogers, Shelley, Powell, Peers, Oman, Guy, Keegan (c), Williams, Ndo, Brennan, Madden.
    Best of luck to the lads but for the love of Spaghetti monster please no injuries :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Best of luck to the lads but for the love of Spaghetti monster please no injuries :(

yea especially with the big one on sunday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

major bill wrote: »
    yea especially with the big one on sunday!!

Community Shield, can't wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

:D

In fairness, them kind of sick notes are easy enough to suss. Especially 5-6 players!

back spasm, near impossible to detect:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Just won a couple of tickets for this spectacle.

Will be heading along with my City scarf.

Como on Ireland:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bobo the clown

heard ticket prices were 75 euro. Is there any concession tickets or child tickets. Also are some seats are supposed to have restricted viewing??

heard ticket prices were 75 euro. Is there any concession tickets or child tickets. Also are some seats are supposed to have restricted viewing??

My tickets both say €60 on them. Lower tier, west stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

for f*ck sake, get your facts right before sprouting off rubbish.

lower deck tickets are 60euro.
    upper deck are and behind the goals, are 45euro.

premium level are 75, 85 and 100. the average price of a ticket is about 50euro considering not many of the public will purchase premium tickets.

as regards the restricted viewing, if you think the premium level is restricted, then your having a f*cking laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

for f*ck sake, get your facts right before sprouting off rubbish.

lower deck tickets are 60euro.
    upper deck are and behind the goals, are 45euro.

premium level are 75, 85 and 100. the average price of a ticket is about 50euro considering not many of the public will purchase premium tickets.

as regards the restricted viewing, if you think the premium level is restricted, then your having a f*cking laugh.

Here John Delaney calm down.

This should give you an idea of what your view will be like from any given area.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/stadiummap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Community Shield, can't wait!!

:pac: meh thats only a micky mouse game:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Not sure if this has been posted before:

Airtricity League XI: Rogers, Shelley, Powell, Peers, Oman, Guy, Keegan (c), Williams, Ndo, Brennan, Madden.

Manchester United (squad)-- Kuszczak, Amos, R Da Silva, F Da Silva, Vidic, Smalling, Evans, O'Shea, Carrick, Fletcher, Gibson, Nani, Park, Valencia, Berbatov, Owen, Rooney, Hernandez.

Thats not the full LOI XI squad, think that ill be more than likely the starting XI.

Full Airtricity League XI squad:
    Gary Rogers, Gerard Doherty, Brian Shelley, Ger O’Brien, Ken Oman, Gavin Peers, Conor Powell, Conor Kenna, Paul Keegan (c), Shaun Williams, Alan Kirby, Joseph Ndo, Richie Ryan, Stephen O’Donnell (Pulled out), Killian Brennan, Paddy Madden, Karl Sheppard, Ryan Guy.

Stand-by list:
    Peter Cherrie, Alan Keane, Patrick McEleney, Dave Mulcahy, Ciaran Kilduff, Padraig Amond, Fahrudin Kudozovic.

Have to say, without Amond in the squad I don't think we offer much going forward, we do have goal scoring midfielders but I think Paddy is a bit too inexperienced going forward, misses a lot of chances. Would be great to see him bang in a few though :cool:

Starting line-ups will show up here later on: http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/107/2010/12358/1/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

frantic190 wrote: »
    Thats not the full LOI XI squad, think that ill be more than likely the starting XI.

Full Airtricity League XI squad:
    Gary Rogers, Gerard Doherty, Brian Shelley, Ger O’Brien, Ken Oman, Gavin Peers, Conor Powell, Conor Kenna, Paul Keegan (c), Shaun Williams, Alan Kirby, Joseph Ndo, Richie Ryan, Stephen O’Donnell (Pulled out), Killian Brennan, Paddy Madden, Karl Sheppard, Ryan Guy.

Stand-by list:
    Peter Cherrie, Alan Keane, Patrick McEleney, Dave Mulcahy, Ciaran Kilduff, Padraig Amond, Fahrudin Kudozovic.

Have to say, without Amond in the squad I don't think we offer much going forward, we do have goal scoring midfielders but I think Paddy is a bit too inexperienced going forward, misses a lot of chances. Would be great to see him bang in a few though :cool:

Mulcahy has replaced O'Donnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

o'shea captaining mu

Not long now, hope United get stuffed :pac:

Can't see it happening though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

What time is kick off lads?

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    What time is kick off lads?

19:45

Pre-match program starts at 19:30 if your staying at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Oh man, just listening to the radio there. The amount of Man U mucksavages from the likes of Castlebar and Shligo. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm only looking in to see the stadium....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm only looking in to see the stadium....

I'd rather wait till next week and see it covered with green TBH :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Oh man, just listening to the radio there. The amount of Man U mucksavages from the likes of Castlebar and Shligo. Ugh.

Yeah, god forbid. :rolleyes:

The amount of ****e spouted on this thread is shameful.

There should be a thread opened up titled "Barstoolers vs LOI 'ROFL We R Real Fans' cluster****" and be done with it.

Anyways, I'm out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement