Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airtricity 11 vs Man. Utd - **MOD NOTE POST 457**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That would've been an awesome goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Great cross in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It is what is to be fair, what were you expecting from 11 random players who had never played together, who play at a much lower level than United, if this were Bohs or Rovers or even Pats, it would be quite different. The size of the pitch is entirely relevant aswell. United would be much more used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Even amongst this ****e ramshackle team, Berbatov STILL looks ****e! :p

Is O'Shea getting booed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Even amongst this ****e ramshackle team, Berbatov STILL looks ****e! :p

Shame you missed Rooneys epic performance as a pool fan it would warm your heart.

Might have been mentioned before but that announcer's voice is ridiculously annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

CSF wrote: »
    It is what is to be fair, what were you expecting from 11 random players who had never played together, who play at a much lower level than United, if this were Bohs or Rovers or even Pats, it would be quite different. The size of the pitch is entirely relevant aswell. United would be much more used to it.

and the LoI lads are playing in front of a partizan away crowd! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Sheppard put on a good show anyway.

Jaysus theres a trophy presentation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

Theres a trophy for the winners? Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Mission accomplished Rico, running around 4 Bohs players for the 90 minutes and getting 1 injured ahead of the Dublin derby with Ricos favorite team on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Utd are getting a trophy for winning this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Shame you missed Rooneys epic performance as a pool fan it would warm your heart.

i missed nowt.

there's no question marks over waynes ability to play for Utd, same cant be said for the bulgarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

The FAI have really served the league well tonight! They should be ashamed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

They have a trophy for this ffs .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The PA system is too loud.

The challenge cup?

The Airtricity League 11 should get a trophy for being mentally..... nah I'm not gonna say it.

:p

frantic190 wrote: »
    Mission accomplished Rico, running around 4 Bohs plays for the 90 minutes and getting 1 injured ahead of the Dublin derby with Ricos favorite team on Sunday.

Also ensured our keeper conceded more in 70 minutes than 10 LOI games this season.

job done, hope he makes his flight to turn tomorrow.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    The challenge cup?

The Airtricity League 11 should get a trophy for being mentally..... nah I'm not gonna say it.

Fairly sure that award is for "everyone in the audience "

The challenge cup?

Oh lord, embarassed for you.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    The PA system is too loud.

Crowd are too quiet

dan1895 wrote: »
    The FAI have really served the league well tonight! They should be ashamed.

Mission accomplished for Delaney as well, seeing his favorite team lift a trophy in his shiny new stadium while ruining whatever shred of respect our league had before tonight. Dunno who voted him back in.

If I was a United fan, that "trophy" would be the excuse for me to go out on the batter tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Just got a text from a friend at the game. Said the stadium was devoid of any atmosphere for the entire match. Was it the game or is the new stadium a flop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Wonder if the FAi will release a commemorative DVD of tonights game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

dsmythy wrote: »
    John O'Shea; smiling as he runs.
    Noticed that. I think he just enjoying just how easy it was.

Mister men wrote: »
    Just got a text from a friend at the game. Said the stadium was devoid of any atmosphere for the entire match. Was it the game or is the new stadium a flop?
    Well I'd imagine most of the people there weren't exactly used to going to games so I'd say that was a massive factor.

Crowd are too quiet

Fair point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Game next week will make a better buzz.

• Advertisement

Wonder if the FAi will release a commemorative DVD of tonights game...

With bonus commentary from John Delaney!

The crowd obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

If I was a United fan, that "trophy" would be the excuse for me to go out on the batter tonight.

It's a very prestigous trophy alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Mulcahy keeps his scoring form going :D

No. Just that the team wasn't up to much and there was nothing to shout about. Wait till next week when theres proper teams there.
    Jaysus embaressing lifting that mickey mouse cup. Typically FAI.

Mulcahy keeps his scoring form going :D

The man crush is starting to annoy goon at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

John Delaney Out

I'm sure he'll treasure that prestigious airtricity emblazoned man of the match trophy for the rest of his life

Oghhh jaysus. Pure Fr. Ted. I don't think we'll get much English out of him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The legendary hero, Dave Mulcahy, is now the only player to score in the last match at the old Lansdowne and in the first match of the new Lansdowne Rd.

Call him up, Trap. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jaysus, Powell had a complete disaster against Valencia. Some of these replays are fierce damning!!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Jaysus, Powell had a complete disaster against Valencia. Some of these replays are fierce damning!!

yup we nearly signed him the other day, imagine getting a player who cant compete with Valencia.

yup we nearly signed him the other day, imagine getting a player who cant compete with Valencia.

Ah here, I'm not even trying to make that sort of point. I'm not blaming him or belittling the challenge he faced. Just interesting to see a player get so badly beaten by his immediate opponent. That's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

You won't see Rovers whacked 7-1 by Juventus. Not even on aggregate. You might see Bohs thumped by a Welsh team though. I don't know. It depends on the game and the day that it is I guess.

Ah here, I'm not even trying to make that sort of point. I'm not blaming him or belittling the challenge he faced. Just interesting to see a player get so badly beaten by his immediate opponent. That's all.

Bohs fans reckon hes been **** all season since he didnt get his move across the water.

i just want a left footed player :o we are top of the league and dont have a left footed player playing regularly :p

Bohs fans reckon hes been **** all season since he didnt get his move across the water.

i just want a left footed player :o we are top of the league and dont have a left footed player playing regularly :p

Could he play left mid? He looks comfortable on the ball, pacey, all that stuff. I remember watching him closely in the Red Bull Salzburg game last year and he was great going forward but was targeted a bit when Bohs didn't have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Lads, anybody have a link to anywhere i can watch this online i missed it cause of training?

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Lads, anybody have a link to anywhere i can watch this online i missed it cause of training?

It'll probably be on the rte player later on tonight or in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You said (accurately) earlier in the thread that most LOI clubs would struggle in the Championship. Why then do you expect a player like Powell to keep a player at the one of the best clubs in the world in his pocket?

Didn't catch the game but will have a gander at the player tomorrow.

@dreamers75: are youse in for Powell?

• Advertisement

Wonder will MNS show it? Or even have Rico on the panel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement