Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airtricity 11 vs Man. Utd - **MOD NOTE POST 457**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

doncarlos wrote: »
    Bohs play on fridays and Man United play on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. :confused:

And to add, my son does watch the LoI games on Fridays when on they'ye box or if I can get the games to stream online and then on Saturdays, Sundays and whatever other days there is a game on, we'll watch them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sorry, maybe I was a bit confusing there.

I used the example to say if the 2 matches where being playing at the same time on the same day, I know who he would prefer to see and that would be Man United.

Actually, I'd say that if parents were to ask their kids in general, what game they would rather see, I would think that most of them would go for the bigger sounding match and unfortunately the LoI games aren't the bigger sounding games to our kids.

I think that most parents might agree if they are honest enough. If a poll was put up where parents asked their kids the same question and the parents honestly put in the correct vote, I'm sure that most young kids would rather go see the bigger names playing and the poll would reflect that.

Sure as a footballer, you want to be playing against the best and show what you can do against the best and people who want to watch football, they want to see the best players playing.

Isn't that why we'll be watching the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Ribery, Drogba and the rest at the World Cup.

It'll be a rare kid in Ireland that won't like an English team which is fair enough. I've never met a LOI supporter that didn't either.

My son will have both if he likes football. He can experience the craic at Rovers - and believe me , LOI can be magic craic for kids. And I'll be taking him over to Manchester as well as watching ball with him on the telly.

No need to have to pick one over the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

And to add, my son does watch the LoI games on Fridays when on they'ye box or if I can get the games to stream online and then on Saturdays, Sundays and whatever other days there is a game on, we'll watch them too.

Shhh they will only start calling your son a barstooler for only watching games on tv !!!!! :p Dont you know that you have to go to every match live in person to be a real fan!!! :rolleyes:

stovelid wrote: »
    My son will have both if he likes football. He can experience the craic at Rovers - and believe me , it can be magic craic for kids. And I'll be taking him over to Manchester as well as watching ball with him on the telly.

Why pick one over the other?

I'm a single father who isn't working at the moment and can't afford it. When we go out to watch a match in the pub, at the moment it's a matter of buying a 1.5ltr bottle of 7up that will last us the match or 2 matches when there is one on after the other.

Tough times at the moment which is why, having the opportunity to bring my lil lad to go see United while they are here, gives me more time to save to bring him over for a match over there further down the line.

Shhh they will only start calling your son a barstooler for only watching games on tv !!!!! :p Dont you know that you have to go to every match live in person to be a real fan!!! :rolleyes:

People can call me what they want. They don't know me. Anybody who does know me thinks I am obsessed with football and then they meet my 7 year old son who I think is miles worse than me when it comes to football.

If I had the money to go and bring him to the LoI games along with games across the pond, I'd be doing exactly that because it would make him so happy and I'd love it too.

People can call me what they want. They don't know me. Anybody who does know me thinks I am obsessed with football and then they meet my 7 year old son who I think is miles worse than me when it comes to football.

If I had the money to go and bring him to the LoI games along with games across the pond, I'd be doing exactly that because it would make him so happy and I'd love it too.

I know man i was just makin a joke of how some people love to speak this **** about what a real football fan is and so on :p

End the day its a sport which everyone is fully allowed to enjoy in any form they want to weather its to watch games in pub or at home or over in there mates its there business.

Just cause you dont go to live matchs all time or even ever dont make u less of a fan anyone who says that is full of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I'm a single father who isn't working at the moment and can't afford it. When we go out to watch a match in the pub, at the moment it's a matter of buying a 1.5ltr bottle of 7up that will last us the match or 2 matches when there is one on after the other.

Tough times at the moment which is why, having the opportunity to bring my lil lad to go see United while they are here, gives me more time to save to bring him over for a match over there further down the line.
    It would cost just 16 quid a game for both you and your youngfella to go along to Tallaght for every remaining match day (12 games). About half of the price of a single trip to Manchester. Its not as expensive as you think, and he'd get so much more out of it. The kids in Tallaght have an absolute ball, to them Twiggy and Baker are every bit the Wayne Rooney.

Im sure the other clubs are similarly priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Have the FAI done this without any consultation with the Airtricity League clubs, just assuming they will get the players they want released?

I would have thought...
    F A I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

I know man i was just makin a joke of how some people love to speak this **** about what a real football fan is and so on :p

End the day its a sport which everyone is fully allowed to enjoy in any form they want to weather its to watch games in pub or at home or over in there mates its there business.

Just cause you dont go to live matchs all time or even ever dont make u less of a fan anyone who says that is full of ****e.

So would you consider yourself to be in the same bracket of "fan" as somebody who goes to see their team home and away be it domestically or in Europe?

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote: »
    It would cost just 16 quid a game for both you and your youngfella to go along to Tallaght for every remaining match day (12 games). About half of the price of a single trip to Manchester. Its not as expensive as you think, and he'd get so much more out of it. The kids in Tallaght have an absolute ball, to them Twiggy and Baker are every bit the Wayne Rooney.

Im sure the other clubs are similarly priced.

For him, it's a dream to go over to Old Trafford and I promised him I would when I could so the trips to Tallagh or anywhere else for that matter will be after that as it trip to Tallagh (for example) would be taking funds which are goling towards a trip to Old Trafford away. Once I've done the United trip with him, then the promise has been done and I don't need to worry about that one anymore and then LoI becomes a possibilty because otherwise I can have a situation where I am bringing him to the LoI games and he'll love them but will still be asking when are we going to Old Trafford and I'll keep saying that I don't have the money (and that will be partly because I am going to LoI games).

To be honest, I'll be looking forward to going to the LoI games as I want him to see what it's like and to enjoy it. He loves playing football and plays for his local tream. I want him to see what LoI is like and want him to have goals of playing in it when he is older if he can make it.

In reply to Madworld who post on the page before which i cant get on to now for some reason *Im in work blame them :p*

Yes i would consider myself a big football fan i am following the sport since i was bout 7 im 24 now. I played soccer when was younger and played GAA football i played in croke park *Off topic i know* i love anything football.

Ive never been to any united games but i rarely miss seeing there matchs does this make me less of a fan??
    No i dont think it does i would love to go see them play every weekend or close enough to that. But i dont always have money time or similar reasons next season i intend on tryin see couple games as its something i have wanted do for years but it always got put aside.

So really i dont consider myself less of a fan just cause i have not been to there games if they were in Ireland id be at every game i could be.

See theres life outside of sport ya know other things go on as well but i will nearly always make sure i see United play weather its tv internet or even when i was real hard up in me days without sky and internet :p i listened to them on radio.

Madworld wrote: »
    So would you consider yourself to be in the same bracket of "fan" as somebody who goes to see their team home and away be it domestically or in Europe?

I think a fan knows he's a fan with how he feels about his team in his heart and the sport in general.

Some call themselves fans for the wrong reason.

They go to the matches because the enjoy the piss up more than the match.
    They go to the matches to create agro.

These are people who I wouldn't rate highly as fans (as many of you wouldn't either I am sure).

Now why I am saying a fan knows he's a fan because of the way he feels is because you can have 2 people who both feel the same way about a club.

One goes to all the matches and one doesn't but they both love the club as much as the other does. The reasons behind the fan who loves the club as much as the other but doesn't go might be because he has other things to do like look after family or work. I consider them both fans equally. I wouldn't rank one above the other.

Now if you have somebody who doesn't have anything else to do and has been offered umptine chances to go to matches but couldn't be bothered, I wouldn't exactly say he is the biggest fan.

Not sure if I am explaining myself well here.

I think a fan knows he's a fan with how he feels about his team in his heart and the sport in general.

Some call themselves fans for the wrong reason.

They go to the matches because the enjoy the piss up more than the match.
    They go to the matches to create agro.

These are people who I wouldn't rate highly as fans (as many of you wouldn't either I am sure).

Now why I am saying a fan knows he's a fan because of the way he feels is because you can have 2 people who both feel the same way about a club.

One goes to all the matches and one doesn't but they both love the club as much as the other does. The reasons behind the fan who loves the club as much as the other but doesn't go might be because he has other things to do like look after family or work. I consider them both fans equally. I wouldn't rank one above the other.

Now if you have somebody who doesn't have anything else to do and has been offered umptine chances to go to matches but couldn't be bothered, I wouldn't exactly say he is the biggest fan.

Not sure if I am explaining myself well here.

Nah your right mate perfect :) i agree with you fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Why do so many f*cking threads turn into a LOI vs EPL pissing contest, its f*cking headwrecking by this stage! Look everyone has the right to support whatever team they want, its their decision, their loyalty and their money to do with whatever they please! NO ONE can claiom to be "more of a fan" than anyone else today!

who do you support??
    you are a "true fan"......simple!

'sigh' sorry about that im just fed up with it.....right i would love to go to this game but id say tickets wont be eay to come by!

In reply to Madworld who post on the page before which i cant get on to now for some reason *Im in work blame them :p*

Yes i would consider myself a big football fan i am following the sport since i was bout 7 im 24 now. I played soccer when was younger and played GAA football i played in croke park *Off topic i know* i love anything football.

Ive never been to any united games but i rarely miss seeing there matchs does this make me less of a fan??
    No i dont think it does i would love to go see them play every weekend or close enough to that. But i dont always have money time or similar reasons next season i intend on tryin see couple games as its something i have wanted do for years but it always got put aside.

So really i dont consider myself less of a fan just cause i have not been to there games if they were in Ireland id be at every game i could be.

See theres life outside of sport ya know other things go on as well but i will nearly always make sure i see United play weather its tv internet or even when i was real hard up in me days without sky and internet :p i listened to them on radio.

You still havnt answered my question. Would you consider yourself to be within the same sort of catagory of United fan as one who goes to every home and away match?

And would you mind answering me as to what makes certain fans more dedicated than others?

• Advertisement

Why do so many f*cking threads turn into a LOI vs EPL pissing contest, its f*cking headwrecking by this stage! Look everyone has the right to support whatever team they want, its their decision, their loyalty and their money to do with whatever they please! NO ONE can claiom to be "more of a fan" than anyone else today!

who do you support??

'sigh' sorry about that im just fed up with it.....right i would love to go to this game but id say tickets wont be eay to come by!

Theres no pissing contest involved. Your right everybody has the right to support whomever they wish. To use another analogy everybody has the right to support a racist party. Its their right. It doesnt make it right though.

And again I ll ask you would you consider yourself to be as dedicated a fan of your EPL team as one who goes to every European game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Why do so many f*cking threads turn into a LOI vs EPL pissing contest, its f*cking headwrecking by this stage!

In fairness it is an LOI v EPL match.

Have no interest in going to the game and highly doubt any Bohs players will be released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

bohsman wrote: »
    Have no interest in going to the game and highly doubt any Bohs players will be released.

...and then all the mouthbreathers will be on moaning "the players on the ALXI were focking shoite loike, glad oi don't go to the games".

The FAI really haven't thought this one through at all.

You still havnt answered my question. Would you consider yourself to be within the same sort of catagory of United fan as one who goes to every home and away match?

And would you mind answering me as to what makes certain fans more dedicated than others?

I would say a fan who goes to every home and away match is a huge follower of the club but also has the chance and time and right circumstances to do all of this. I mean what are you trying to get out of me here ??
    Do you just want to hear me say im sorry im not as amazing of a United fan cause i dont go to there games ?? If so good luck with that.

And why does there have to be a ''catagory'' ffs can someone not just folllow a team and support them in there own way with out being ranked?

I would say a fan who goes to every home and away match is a huge follower of the club but also has the chance and time and right circumstances to do all of this. I mean what are you trying to get out of me here ??
    Do you just want to hear me say im sorry im not as amazing of a United fan cause i dont go to there games ?? If so good luck with that.

And why does there have to be a ''catagory'' ffs can someone not just folllow a team and support them in there own way with out being ranked?

For the third time could you put yourself into the same catagory of a fan as somebody who doesnt miss a home or away match? Its a simple yes or no answer.

And thats a load of crap regarding circumstancess. Circumstances are an excuse for missing some games. Circumstances are not an excuse for having never been at a match of a team you claim to support.

And if everybody supported Man Utd "in their own way" like you do you think their would be a Man Utd?

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    ...and then all the mouthbreathers will be on moaning "the players on the ALXI were focking shoite loike, glad oi don't go to the games".

The FAI really haven't thought this one through at all.

Or the FAIlure have thought this through and they simply couldnt give a s**t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

And if everybody supported Man Utd "in their own way" like you do you think their would be a Man Utd?

Quite clearly...yes.

Everyone does support them in their own way, and United exist.

For the third time could you put yourself into the same catagory of a fan as somebody who doesnt miss a home or away match? Its a simple yes or no answer.

And thats a load of crap regarding circumstancess. Circumstances are an excuse for missing some games. Circumstances are not an excuse for having never been at a match of a team you claim to support.

I answered your ****ing question in first place i am not puttin any fans in any catagory cause thats bollox there are fans who go and do everything to do with there club thats fine then there are fans who do things other ways thats fine. Why should i say ahh im not in same bloody catagory as these super fans cause i do things different?
    So are u tellin me that every united fan on the planet follows united ''The right way'' cause hate break to you but id say there are more fans who have never seen a game then ones who have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

who do you support??

Lol it was angerfist that brought the whole "real fan" thing up then he goes and thanks you when you complain about it.

I answered your ****ing question in first place i am not puttin any fans in any catagory cause thats bollox there are fans who go and do everything to do with there club thats fine then there are fans who do things other ways thats fine. Why should i say ahh im not in same bloody catagory as these super fans cause i do things different?
    So are u tellin me that every united fan on the planet follows united ''The right way'' cause hate break to you but id say there are more fans who have never seen a game then ones who have.

I agree.

Buying a jersey/scarf/mug,tshirt is already supporting the team and showing that you consider yourself a fan.

When United played friendlys in Africa and the grounds were packed inside and outside, some of these people adore United and it was their one chance of getting to see their hero's playing so people supporting their team one way or another and I would call these fans. Some of the people over there will never ever get to see whoever they support if it's a team in a different country but they are still fans. Some may never even get a jersey or merchandise in general and yet this team that they like and try and see how they are doing whenever they get a chance whether it's daily, weekly or monthly, if that is their favourite team, then they are fans whether they have spent 10s/1002/1000s or beyond, they're still fans, simple.

Lol it was angerfist that brought the whole "real fan" thing up then he goes and thanks you when you complain about it.

I was joking about it :p it was already in this thread anyway i just think whole argument is stupid.

Des wrote: »
    ...and then all the mouthbreathers will be on moaning "the players on the ALXI were focking shoite loike, glad oi don't go to the games"..

Would be nice to see a united front from the AL clubs to piss on the parade and not release any players whatsoever.

That said, its lose-lose, like you say. If they put out a LSL team, the received opinion will just equate the team with LOI anyway.

More and more these days, I'm thinking that the clubs should have revolted and went with Platinum 1, even for a few seasons.

I agree.

Buying a jersey/scarf/mug,tshirt is already supporting the team and showing that you consider yourself a fan.

When United played friendlys in Africa and the grounds were packed inside and outside, some of these people adore United and it was their one chance of getting to see their hero's playing so people supporting their team one way or another and I would call these fans. Some of the people over there will never ever get to see whoever they support if it's a team in a different country but they are still fans. Some may never even get a jersey or merchandise in general and yet this team that they like and try and see how they are doing whenever they get a chance whether it's daily, weekly or monthly, if that is their favourite team, then they are fans whether they have spent 10s/1002/1000s or beyond, they're still fans, simple.

Excatly its same for any sport i dont see what this whole arguement is about.

Anyway think we should move on from this.
    I wonder if United will play proper first team or close to it?

More and more these days, I'm thinking that the clubs should have revolted and went with Platinum 1, even for a few seasons.

You mean the clubs that they invited. Platinum one certainly were not the answer with that proposal.

Excatly its same for any sport i dont see what this whole arguement is about.

Anyway think we should move on from this.
    I wonder if United will play proper first team or close to it?

I think it will be a half decent team considering the start of the league won't be too far off. Depends also on how teams do in the World Cup. I think it's something we'll only know closer to the time. Giggs and Scholes won't be doing much football wise during the summer so maybe they'll be playing. Same for a few others like Berba if he's still around and Fergie might see it as a chance for him to show that he's starting to fire some goals in or some bleedin practice. Gibson should be playing, O'Shea. Could be a decent team out there.

• Advertisement

Gibson and o shea are dead certs if there fit.
    Same goes for likes of hargreaves id say also.

Would love them to bring over the likes of giggs and scholes but i dunno if rooney will play.
    Saying that him alone would be a major draw for alot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Gibson and o shea are dead certs if there fit.
    Same goes for likes of hargreaves id say also.

Would love them to bring over the likes of giggs and scholes but i dunno if rooney will play.
    Saying that him alone would be a major draw for alot of people.

Given that the game is in August, I would say it is right about the time the full team, including WC players, will be back and training - it isn't too far off the begining of the EPL season, so in terms of players available, I would say mostly every player will be there assuming no injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    You should be honoured the biggest club in the world are coming to open your stadium. Tickets for this are going to be hell to get hold of

If I get one you can have it.

Ridiculous rubbish matches like this aren't worth watching,
    new stadium or not.

There should have been a proper fixture like Rovers v Bohs for the opener.

Or else an Ireland game if they wanted a friendly.

Pal wrote: »
    If I get one you can have it.

Ridiculous rubbish matches like this aren't worth watching,
    new stadium or not.

There should have been a proper fixture like Rovers v Bohs for the opener.

Or else an Ireland game if they wanted a friendly.

If ya could get 2, I'd take them off ya. If my little fella finds out United are playing/played here and I don't/didn't bring him, I'd never hear the end of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Enjoy.

I'm just really disappointed.

FAI had a great chance to showcase LOI.

Coming round to the conclusion that they just don't care.
    But they should.

It's taken this to make you come to that conclusion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Do they still not have to be safety matches at half capacity before it opens? Maybe they could still play an LOI match there.

But they should.

They are trying to get together a LOI select knowing full well that most clubs can't/won't release players. Meaning that a scratch LOI is on to a certain hiding from an English club. A English club that is one of the biggest competitors to the LOI in this country.

Would any other league in the world so blatantly sell their own league down the river for a few quid?

It's safe to that they they don't care at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

They are trying to get together a LOI select knowing full well that most clubs can't/won't release players. Meaning that a scratch LOI is on to a certain hiding from an English club. A English club that is one of the biggest competitors to the LOI in this country.

Would any other league in the world so blatantly sell their own league down the river for a few quid?

It's safe to that they they don't care at all.

This. Its got nothing to do with where or why people watch games. Rovers v Bohs would have generated massive amounts of publicity but even Ireland v Man U would have made far more sense than what they went with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sorry, maybe I was a bit confusing there.

I used the example to say if the 2 matches where being playing at the same time on the same day, I know who he would prefer to see and that would be Man United.

Actually, I'd say that if parents were to ask their kids in general, what game they would rather see, I would think that most of them would go for the bigger sounding match and unfortunately the LoI games aren't the bigger sounding games to our kids.

I think that most parents might agree if they are honest enough. If a poll was put up where parents asked their kids the same question and the parents honestly put in the correct vote, I'm sure that most young kids would rather go see the bigger names playing and the poll would reflect that.

Sure as a footballer, you want to be playing against the best and show what you can do against the best and people who want to watch football, they want to see the best players playing.

Isn't that why we'll be watching the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Ribery, Drogba and the rest at the World Cup.
    Genuinely think that its just a case of exposure. If you were to start bringing him to a particular LOI team's games, and show your own interest in that club with him as a pair, he'd quickly become more interested in that. In the end, he is a Man United supporter because you are, if you were a Fulham supporter, he'd have no interest in Rooney & co, and would be worshipping Dempsey, Duff and Zamora. And I'm saying this from experience, because my little brother is the exact same age as your son, and he couldn't care less about the Premiership, gravitates slightly more towards La Liga, because I do, but realistically he just wants to be at Tolka on a Friday night.

I'm not telling you you're doing wrong or anything, don't take it as preaching. I'm just pointing out that it really isn't a case of him recognizing the standard of the United lads, and more him following in your footsteps, and that in reality if you started bringing him to support a LOI team regularly, thats exactly what he'd be wanting to do for the rest of his life, much cheaper for you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Shut up son, please. It's getting silly now.

45,000 fans at the Nordbank, 4,000 celtic fans. So are you really saying all but 1,000 HSV fans were singing sectarian songs?.

Come on now. Stop spatting absolute bullsh*t about my team, I have been a Hamburg fan for years and they are some of the nicest fans you will ever meet, bar the scum element THAT EXISTS AT EVERY F**KING CLUB IN THE WORLD.

It's laughable that you say ''about'' 40,000 HSV fans were singing sectarian songs. Considering the amount of kids that support the team with their parents and OAP's that are at the games. They were at it too were they?.

Apologies to the lads that don't give a damn about this conversation, but when someone starts giving me crap and bad mouthing fellow fans of my team I will respond. I know if it was a team that has many fans on here it would happen too. Again, sorry.

Neo-Nazi and Hamburg go hand and hand. Read up on "your" clubs history.

Fascism and Hamburg SV seem to go well together, after all the club officially funds a fascist magazine.

Seriously get out of your glass house.

Some people on here are pathetic.

You can't be Irish and support Hamburg.

But you certainly can be an uninformed twit and support Hamburg.

Anyway this is completely off-topic.

If you want to discuss it further PM me, along with anyone else that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Osu wrote: »
    Neo-Nazi and Hamburg go hand and hand. Read up on "your" clubs history.

Fascism and Hamburg SV seem to go well together, after all the club officially funds a fascist magazine.

Seriously get out of your glass house.

Some people on here are pathetic.

But you certainly can be an uninformed twit and support Hamburg.

Anyway this is completely off-topic.

If you want to discuss it further PM me, along with anyone else that is.
    Jesus Christ, why didn't you follow your own advice? Instead of having to get 1 last dig in before taking it private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Absolutely pathetic, that is all I have to say on the matter. False accusations in every single one of his posts on this off-topic subject(started by him).

He makes his posts sound like hamburg is the worst team in the world with the scummiest fans and if they are not fascists, they are just simply bald neo-nazi's that will beat the sh*t out of you. It's pathetic, osu.

I've lived, worked and been a season ticket holder at Hamburg for a season, I've many friends in Hamburg and when I compare it to other german teams there is no difference. Beer, bratwurst and some songs as it is everywhere else.

I don't know why I have let this WUM wind me up so long. That's the last of it. I really don't give a damn what Osu thinks.

/off topic again, sorry. Over with now.

Osu wrote: »

But you can be Irish and support Man United like you :confused::confused:

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Absolutely pathetic, that is all I have to say on the matter. False accusations in every single one of his posts on this off-topic subject(started by him).

He makes his posts sound like hamburg is the worst team in the world with the scummiest fans and if they are not fascists, they are just simply bald neo-nazi's that will beat the sh*t out of you. It's pathetic, osu.

I've lived, worked and been a season ticket holder at Hamburg for a season, I've many friends in Hamburg and when I compare it to other german teams there is no difference. Beer, bratwurst and some songs as it is everywhere else.

I don't know why I have let this WUM wind me up so long. That's the last of it. I really don't give a damn what Osu thinks.

/off topic again, sorry. Over with now.

Crying baby, pathetic.

As I said earlier if you want to take it to PM, be my guest.

Otherwise don't clog up the thread

• Advertisement

But you can be Irish and support Man United like you :confused::confused:

Your right Carlos, you should be confused.

I'm a United fan because of my roots.

However if you would like to discuss this further then PM me.

This thread has had enough of me.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bump - Fenlon says what we're all thinking, tis all a bit silly
    Bohemians' manager Pat Fenlon insists that if the FAI were to move Bohs' Champions League tie on August 3rd or 4th, depending if they win their first tie, then Irish football is in "serious trouble."

Bohs would only need to progress past one round, which they will be seeded for, for the game to clash with the Airtricity XI v Manchester United at the Aviva Stadium on August 4th.

John Delaney has confirmed he has already been in discussions with UEFA about the possibility of having the date of the tie moved, to facilitate the money-spinning friendly.

“We can consider that with UEFA. We have already had preliminary discussions with them in terms of the ability to move dates if we needed to do,” he told Saturday's Irish Daily Star.

Speaking to Extratime after Saturday's Setanta Sports Cup triumph, Fenlon made it clear he was completely against the idea of moving such an important game for The Gypsies.

“I'd be totally against it obviously. If we're going to start moving Champions League games for a friendly then we are in serious, serious trouble.”

Fenlon also said he would not be happy to release any of his players to take part in the friendly, the first football match to take place in the Aviva Stadium.

“No, not if we have a Champions League game. We won't be releasing any players that's for certain.”

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

I missed an awful lot by skipping from the first to last page, from LOI XI's to Hamburg? :confused:

John Delaney has confirmed he has already been in discussions with UEFA about the possibility of having the date of the tie moved, to facilitate the money-spinning friendly.

“We can consider that with UEFA. We have already had preliminary discussions with them in terms of the ability to move dates if we needed to do,” he told Saturday's Irish Daily Star.

This fúcker needs to be impeached.

Is he fúcking serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

The debt on the stadium and the premium seats stuff is taking Delaney's eye off the ball.

When is the ownership of the league up for auction again?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement