Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscaper in Galway City to fix up garden?

Options
  • 19-04-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

We're looking at re-doing our back garden this summer, and don't know where to go to get it done.

We've quite a lot to do, including extending walls, moving oil tank and shed, and some paving and possibly decking.

Can anybody recommend any company that are good and that aren't crazily priced?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

I know a freelancer called Janet xxx , you can get her on 087 xxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I snipped the name and number there. Perhaps the person does not want to have her details on a public forum. Pls just PM the details instead.
    Anyway, OP have a look in the Gardening forum too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

My OHs brother in law could do it but honestly he's dog rough and not very tasty about his work if that makes sense so I don't know that I'd actually recommend him as such; even though he is a good worker.

It's probably differently now but having done up my own garden a few years ago I was told that they add extra costs if the size is under 120square metres, the bigger the job the cheaper the materials and labour as it's more 'worth their while'.

I'd say most of them would bite your hand of for work nowadays tho that said, but I assume stuff like paving etc is cheaper the more of it that you buy.

The guy that did mine was excellent; but I've no idea whether he is in the country still or not; I went out to that Tobermore place in Bushy park(which could be gone now I'm not sure) but they were really helpful; gave me a list of names and told me who was good and good value etc. Ended up getting a great job done exactly how I wanted for a great price and they did it very quickly. So if Tobermore are still there it might be worth going out there fro a look and getting some recommendations off them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Thanks for that. I'll try Tobermore, I see they have advertised in the local media lately.

And will have a read through the Gardening section to see if there's anything worthwhile.

And just to clarify, we want to get a consultation, quote, and then the work carried out by professionals, as in we won't be doing any of it ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Cool:cool:

The guy who did mine was from out the Annaghdown/Headford direction. If he's still on the list he'd be worth getting a quote from.

Best of luck with it:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement