Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Betting in-play on horse racing

• 19-04-2010 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Does anybody have any advice or effective strategies for betting in-play?? Relatively new to Betting on exchanges but i have been watching Horse Racing for years and am eager to give this a try.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Don't try it unless you have a fibre optic internet connection and you are on course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Legendario

Which courses have fibre optic internet??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

very dangerous game is in running,a lot of fingers get burnt at ridiclious odds..i use gruss software with betfair..i use it to trade out on some bets

do you trade at the track??

no..not sure theres many track players in ireland.. know a few lads who work at lingfield and they clean up..i sometimes trade out for my stake back in running

• Advertisement

ok

do you use a trading room? I know that you can get faster pictures with the betting shop channels. Are these essentila or can you be profitable using ATR or RUK???

i work from home using atr and ruk so its not essential ta go to a trading room but their pictures are 3-4 seconds quicker i think..you will need gruss and quick fingers to make it pay

wud you not be more profitabkle in a trading room???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

There's a trading room in the IFSC if you are near Dublin.

If trading on Irish racing and it's on RTE (such as Punchestown), stick an ariel in the back of your tele for the fastest pictures - it'll be ahead of your general guys on cable and much faster than ATR.

Advertisement