Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers The Movie - Talking Live Action Here - 1 or 2?

Options
  • 19-04-2010 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

So, out of Transformers Live Action films by Michael Bay, did you prefer the first or the second film - and why?

My money is with the first film, because of the build up to seeing a Transformers film incorporated into live action, and because I saw it 4 times in the cinema that Summer. I also liked that the Transformers weren't over used on screen, because I felt with the second, some of the action was hard to concentrate on and I had to watch the film again before I was able to really identify some of the Transformers fighting. Granted, the Final Showdown scene in the first film had that problem too, but the first film also had a great sequence in the desert with Scorponok

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

1 by a country mile.

Not that is was an amazing film, but it was certainly watchable, which I find the second isn't for large stretches.

Much less really, really stupid things happen in 1 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

they are both ****e.

but 2 is probably the worse movie experiance i have ever had in the cinema...2+ hours of very uncomfortable shuffling

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The first one had a crap plot but at least it was a crap plot that made sense... so in that regard it's the better film.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

1st though very poor was far and away better than the 2nd movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

number 1 was the better film and had more drama with stand out "wow" monments (im thinking the prime/megs flying through the building scene here)

though number 2 had the better action sequences and more dialogue for the TFs with the forrest fight being the closest the movies yet have come to capturing what Transformers is meant to be in terms of character.

that scene blow for blow is exactly what i could see prime doing to protect an innocent, right up to his conscern for his safety giving megs his shot and primes last word to sam.

BOTH films still aint much to talk about outside of the effects though.

im starting to think were looking at our "tim burton" era and it'll take another director to come along to do a christopher nolan and give us our TF equivilant dark knight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement